Summer Heat induced, Dan House inspired, reverse bullpup, custom 1377 rifle project

Summer Heat induced, Dan House inspired, reverse bullpup, custom 1377 rifle project

August 1st, 2012, 2:08 am #1

This one has been simmering off and on on a back burn in my brain since the 1377 build-off the first of the year. Dan's entry sparked a little something in my head...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/t ... test+entry

Airgun funds been tight this year as real life makes it's ugly demands. I've been really wanting to do a 1377 based pump rifle with a real rifle trigger and stock. No half way pistol carbine this time. With no fundage for a Discovery or Marauder trigger pack, Dan's hacked off grip frame gave me an idea.

I hacked up an old 1377 frame as per Dan's design, but then added a trigger blade hung on the rear cover plate screw. Then came the reverse bullpup part - a brass rod connecting the real trigger to the rear rifle trigger. Like a bullpup linkage, only in reverse!

The trigger blade will get its final shaping once I get the stock a little more squared away. The grip frame will also get all the nubs and stuff sanded off so it will slide into the stock better. Thinking I'll use a piece of all-thread instead of the front frame mount screw. A nut will hold down the frame then a knurled brass nut will be used to hold on the stock.

A wood forearm will also be made. The 760 part is just for example and it's painted red in honor of Dan. I hope he enjoys the red now as there probably won't be any red on the finished product! LOL

I plink, therefore I am.

August 1st, 2012, 2:59 am #2

Fantastic idea!

fixes having the trigger soooo far forward using the grip frame

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

August 1st, 2012, 3:04 am #3

This one has been simmering off and on on a back burn in my brain since the 1377 build-off the first of the year. Dan's entry sparked a little something in my head...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1327907437/Contest+entry

Airgun funds been tight this year as real life makes it's ugly demands. I've been really wanting to do a 1377 based pump rifle with a real rifle trigger and stock. No half way pistol carbine this time. With no fundage for a Discovery or Marauder trigger pack, Dan's hacked off grip frame gave me an idea.

I hacked up an old 1377 frame as per Dan's design, but then added a trigger blade hung on the rear cover plate screw. Then came the reverse bullpup part - a brass rod connecting the real trigger to the rear rifle trigger. Like a bullpup linkage, only in reverse!

The trigger blade will get its final shaping once I get the stock a little more squared away. The grip frame will also get all the nubs and stuff sanded off so it will slide into the stock better. Thinking I'll use a piece of all-thread instead of the front frame mount screw. A nut will hold down the frame then a knurled brass nut will be used to hold on the stock.

A wood forearm will also be made. The 760 part is just for example and it's painted red in honor of Dan. I hope he enjoys the red now as there probably won't be any red on the finished product! LOL

I plink, therefore I am.
Last edited by robnewyork on August 1st, 2012, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 1st, 2012, 4:22 pm #4

Yes, I'll be using plywood, again.
As I get older I loose patience with long projects and using plywood really cuts down on the time and effort to inlet a stock when you can simply cut out the biggest share before the stock is glued up. lol

I plink, therefore I am.

August 1st, 2012, 4:57 pm #5