Sheridan Scope

Sheridan Scope

April 6th, 2012, 4:19 pm #1

Anyone gone through the process purchasing a scope and mounts for an older sheridan silver streak, I bought mine in 1973 without a scope, I cannot see thru the iron sites anymore and am ready to buy a scope, I'm looking for recommendations on type of mounts and fairly inexpensive scope that has worked well for you.

April 6th, 2012, 4:50 pm #2

you can use the intermounts that clamp to the barrel andget that going, use the same mounts and add a LER/Scout scope setup, or get on of Greg Lundy's most excellent bases for the B/S.... but dont know how well that would work with a gun that age......

The scout setup is popular cuz it works well, NcStar makes 2-7 LER scope that works well (I have one).

You may have issues trying to mount that 8-32x60 scope on a sheridan

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

April 6th, 2012, 5:02 pm #3

Anyone gone through the process purchasing a scope and mounts for an older sheridan silver streak, I bought mine in 1973 without a scope, I cannot see thru the iron sites anymore and am ready to buy a scope, I'm looking for recommendations on type of mounts and fairly inexpensive scope that has worked well for you.
I have a light 2x pistol scope mounted on my '65 Blue Streak using the Benjamin 4-pc intermount (#B272) and some really low Weaver brand .22 rings. Keeps the receiver uncovered for easy loading and allows you to still hold the rifle where the handguard is while pumping. It's almost like using the open sights.

The NC-Star 2-7x32 Dan mentioned is a great choice too I have one for my Benjamin 392.

I plink, therefore I am.

April 6th, 2012, 5:04 pm #4

both eyes open shooting

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

April 6th, 2012, 5:26 pm #5

I plink, therefore I am.

April 6th, 2012, 10:18 pm #6

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments, I have found a two piece scope mount from UJ, will take my rifle into a local cabela's or sportsmans warehouse to see what fits and what may give a good eye relief. If they dont have what I need I've learned of a few airgun sales websites from reading other posts I've read on this forum.

April 6th, 2012, 11:19 pm #7

The most ideal scope mount for any Benjamin / Sheridan that I've run across is the mount that's sold by Harry Smith of Louisana. His phone number is 337-662-3610. He came up with the idea and has them built. It is made of black aluminum and takes away all the risk of barrel separation which can happen with the pair of intermounts that puts pressure on the barrel's solder joint when tightened and frequently causes separation. His mount clamps only on the barrel right in front of the breech and the dovetails extend back over the breech / bolt area and has a cutaway on the underside edge which allows ample room to load the pellet.
The dove tails that extend back over the breech allows one to use a standard scope without the need for a long eye relief unit. SUPER SANITARY. I've sold 10 or 12 of them and everyone is very pleased. There are two sizes. One size fits the 22 and 20 barrels and the other fits the 177.
If I can figure out how to post a pic, I'll do it. But give him a call.

April 7th, 2012, 12:30 am #8

Actually the current Benjamin/Sheridan mounts do not touch the solder joint. The clamping force is above the barrel. Sheridan's original design back in the '60's did dig into the solder.

I plink, therefore I am.