Riser block for Crosman 1377 breech questions

Riser block for Crosman 1377 breech questions

October 24th, 2011, 2:07 am #1

I did a search on this but haven't found much. Maybe My wording for the search may have been off a little.
I am wanting to raise the Crosman steel breech on my newest 1377 enough to install a full barrel shroud.
I have some thin wall 3/4" titanium tubing and am experimenting with the riser so far I see no reason this
will not work, using a thin spacer/riser and longer hammer pin and screws with extra grub screws and a floated
barrel. So far I am only out $ for the steel breech and hopefully that won't change until it is ready for a
scope or red dot.

I'm sure someone has done this before I hope to have a working pistol soon, but thought I might run the idea
by you guys to see if any red flags come up. Be patient with me I may not be able to get back to the forum till
tomorrow night.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

October 24th, 2011, 3:08 am #2

you are trying to rise the breech off the gun like crosmods has done so as to mount a full length shroud?

October 24th, 2011, 10:42 am #3

I did a search on this but haven't found much. Maybe My wording for the search may have been off a little.
I am wanting to raise the Crosman steel breech on my newest 1377 enough to install a full barrel shroud.
I have some thin wall 3/4" titanium tubing and am experimenting with the riser so far I see no reason this
will not work, using a thin spacer/riser and longer hammer pin and screws with extra grub screws and a floated
barrel. So far I am only out $ for the steel breech and hopefully that won't change until it is ready for a
scope or red dot.

I'm sure someone has done this before I hope to have a working pistol soon, but thought I might run the idea
by you guys to see if any red flags come up. Be patient with me I may not be able to get back to the forum till
tomorrow night.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS
He has started making breech risers for the Crosman steel breech. Here's a picture I took at the VA airgun show.

His web site is: http://www.bryanandac.com

October 24th, 2011, 12:46 pm #4

scope or red dot.

tomorrow night.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS
Now if I can decide on barrel length. Do I want the shroud to pass the pump tube or not????
A shorter barrel with a shroud full length or standard barrel with the shroud extending a couple of inches?

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

October 24th, 2011, 12:48 pm #5

you are trying to rise the breech off the gun like crosmods has done so as to mount a full length shroud?
I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

October 24th, 2011, 1:30 pm #6

scope or red dot.

tomorrow night.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS
for a breach riser, they $35.00 from Larry.
larry59@kc.rr.com Good luck.

October 24th, 2011, 11:29 pm #7

scope or red dot.

tomorrow night.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS
I hope my attempt works out, if not I may well be calling on one of these vendors mentioned above. I am very much
a do it myself kinda guy and want to try to do this myself first. I'm not set up to do any complicated machine
work but am pretty handy with what I do have so we will see.
As stated before I hope to do a follow up post on this in the near future.

THANKS for the response and interest

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

October 25th, 2011, 4:19 pm #8

nt

October 26th, 2011, 1:01 am #9

I'm a do it myself kinda guy once I prove to myself that I can make what I want maybe I will be ready to drop
a load of cash. and purchase the parts. Meanwhile for me building from scratch is the biggest part of this pastime/hobby.
This will be my forth 1377 build I have used the Crosman breeches and a couple
of Charles Mellon flat top pistons. This pistol will have a flat top of my own design along with
all the usual mods , and when I can get the fore end done new wood front and back.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS