Remake of the (Crosman Mark I & II) BY CROSMAN

Remake of the (Crosman Mark I & II) BY CROSMAN

April 24th, 2012, 3:25 pm #1

This gun seems to have such a fan club, I wonder way it has not been reissued by Crosman? Or maybe the question is, would anyone be interested in a reissue of this gun, or maybe the (Crosman Custom Shop)?

Would love to hear your opinion on this.

April 24th, 2012, 3:35 pm #2

Parts count? materials of same? Does it share parts with other Crosman guns? how long does it take to assemble and setup?

Answer those and youve gone along way to understanding why they dont,a nd why they stopped that model in the first place

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

April 24th, 2012, 4:02 pm #3

Could not help but to ask..So simplest is the reason...hmmm

April 24th, 2012, 4:05 pm #4

Parts count? materials of same? Does it share parts with other Crosman guns? how long does it take to assemble and setup?

Answer those and youve gone along way to understanding why they dont,a nd why they stopped that model in the first place

So is that to say that there is no interest?

April 24th, 2012, 4:13 pm #5

Not from me

but you might ask that same question on the Vintage forum, and the crosman pistol forum.

and give it time here. not every one has checked in yet

April 24th, 2012, 4:22 pm #6

This gun seems to have such a fan club, I wonder way it has not been reissued by Crosman? Or maybe the question is, would anyone be interested in a reissue of this gun, or maybe the (Crosman Custom Shop)?

if you want one it would be cheaper to buy an original than a repop. lots of them made and even at todays prices they are a good investment.

April 24th, 2012, 5:15 pm #7

yeah Im aware of that.. as a matter of fact I have one..just wonder if a redo with modern valve like the 24xx with same Mark II body style...i will leave it at that
Thanks for sharing

April 24th, 2012, 6:21 pm #8

A number of years ago there was a Chinese copy of the FWB model 65 and some sold for $160. There were a number of test and reviews done on it and for the most part the reviews were good, unfortunately because of the cost or some other factors it disappeared from the scene. I would think if there are any attempts made to revive the Crosman Mark 1 it would more than likely be made in China.I would have to believe that if a decent copy is made at a reasonable cost they will sell well, the downside to collectors is it will somwhat diminish the value of their originals.

Ejwills.

Sometimes silence is golden,sometimes it's not.

April 25th, 2012, 4:39 am #9

yeah Im aware of that.. as a matter of fact I have one..just wonder if a redo with modern valve like the 24xx with same Mark II body style...i will leave it at that
Thanks for sharing
The barrel is in tension, the trigger parts are 3X as wide as the 22xx series, with tightly fitted pins, with a sear engagement adjuster, there's a preload adjuster, the valve is designed to self reg, the inverted cartridge means that only gas ever gets to the valve, unlike the 22xx, where the valve sees liquid under some circumstances....you couldn't "modernise" the MKI and make any improvements.

I'd be surprised if a copy could be made that worked as well as the original...whoever took that project on has a high standard to try to match