Question On Riser Breeches...

Question On Riser Breeches...

February 19th, 2011, 7:49 pm #1

What else needs to be done on "let's say a 1322"? Would I need a longer Transfer port seal,
or maybe a Shroud for Barrel,Bigger dia Barrel Band?

Any help here is appreciated,as always!

Thanks in Advance!

Mario

February 19th, 2011, 10:06 pm #2

I know with my riser breech I needed a longer seal. The barrel is held in with two set screws so I didn't really need a tall barrel band but I got one cause I'm running the 24" barrel and wanted some added stability just in case if I smacked the tip of my barrel on something it will help keep it in place. You don't really need a shroud but they are a nice addition- I'm making one for mine soon! This is on my AS2250 of course!

February 19th, 2011, 10:33 pm #3

What else needs to be done on "let's say a 1322"? Would I need a longer Transfer port seal,

Thanks in Advance!

Mario
...a longer seal and a longer bolt probe-to-striker pin to cock it. However, many riser breeches and risers come with the items. You will not need a new barrel band as the metal breeches have a set screw to retain the barrel in place. you will need a new front end plug, or you can trim the existing one down.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

February 20th, 2011, 5:13 am #4

Phil it's a 1322 not a 22XX! Can I use 1/4" Poly tube for TP seal

It doesn't look as if I'll need a Spacer between Shroud & tube,Sn speaking of shrouds what size (O.D.) would you think I'd need?

Mario

February 20th, 2011, 5:38 am #5

...going to plug the pump tube in the front? Will you just leave the stock front plug/sight/barrel retainer that the stock 1322/1377 has, or leave a hole? The 22xx series would not require a new plug, but the 1322/1377 does, at least for filling the hole and not supporting the barrel. Well, I guess it is not necessary to have a new plug, but if spending the money and time for a riser set, why not make it look clean and fill the hole?

Think maybe we are not seeing what each other means here...

The shroud will be up to how high the riser breech elevates the barrel.

Sure, the poly will work just fine. I have also used brass tube using an o-ring on the barrel side and valve side.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

Last edited by Duane30 on February 20th, 2011, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 20th, 2011, 2:42 pm #6

Thanks in Advance!

Mario
should come with a longer striker pin, longer breech hold down hardware, loading bolt and handle and possibly a piece of tubing to make the T-port seal.

The breech should have mounting screws for the barrel and with a short enough barrel you could possibly get away with free floating the barrel and shroud.

A custom made barrel band would be a good idea in all cases because the two breech screws AND the barrel band will hold much tighter and be less likely to move with rough handling.

The shroud should be around 1 inch in dia. or a little under depending on who made the riser kit.

The factory plastic spacer between tube and barrel will be discarded.

The factory pump end cap on the 1377 tube will need the front sight and barrel band portion of it removed (should be easy as it is made from plastic), or, a custom plug made up for it to provide clearance for the shroud and still be able to hold the pump arm.

I would think you would still want a plug inside the tube at the end to add some strength to the tube while pumping.

The riser breech should have the original location hold down screw inside the loading area for a 1377 (in front of the loading bolt), if it is under the loading bolt you may need to notch the hammer and drill a new hole in the tube to hold the breech on.
Last edited by 2AMEND on February 20th, 2011, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 20th, 2011, 8:08 pm #7

...going to plug the pump tube in the front? Will you just leave the stock front plug/sight/barrel retainer that the stock 1322/1377 has, or leave a hole? The 22xx series would not require a new plug, but the 1322/1377 does, at least for filling the hole and not supporting the barrel. Well, I guess it is not necessary to have a new plug, but if spending the money and time for a riser set, why not make it look clean and fill the hole?

Think maybe we are not seeing what each other means here...

The shroud will be up to how high the riser breech elevates the barrel.

Sure, the poly will work just fine. I have also used brass tube using an o-ring on the barrel side and valve side.

Phil,

I can Make an end Plug from Brass or Aluminum on My Lathe to put in hole! I can
also Contact the Guy I'm buyng the Breech from to get it's exact height!

I will be in touch,Thanks again!

Mario

February 20th, 2011, 10:13 pm #8

should come with a longer striker pin, longer breech hold down hardware, loading bolt and handle and possibly a piece of tubing to make the T-port seal.

The breech should have mounting screws for the barrel and with a short enough barrel you could possibly get away with free floating the barrel and shroud.

A custom made barrel band would be a good idea in all cases because the two breech screws AND the barrel band will hold much tighter and be less likely to move with rough handling.

The shroud should be around 1 inch in dia. or a little under depending on who made the riser kit.

The factory plastic spacer between tube and barrel will be discarded.

The factory pump end cap on the 1377 tube will need the front sight and barrel band portion of it removed (should be easy as it is made from plastic), or, a custom plug made up for it to provide clearance for the shroud and still be able to hold the pump arm.

I would think you would still want a plug inside the tube at the end to add some strength to the tube while pumping.

The riser breech should have the original location hold down screw inside the loading area for a 1377 (in front of the loading bolt), if it is under the loading bolt you may need to notch the hammer and drill a new hole in the tube to hold the breech on.
f,

I'll be Making a new endplug on My Lathe from either Brass or Alum. Aloy(Strength)

The Barrel is Currently 14" long & Screw for Current steel breech is forward position

I just wrote to guy I'm buyng Breech from to see the Height to determing Shroud Dia.

Mario