Question: Installing Disco Boss Valves

Question: Installing Disco Boss Valves

July 10th, 2012, 4:36 pm #1

Anyone have any experience installing Disco Boss valves into air tubes. My O-rings keep getting chewed up on the Fill adapter threads. I'm using #016 rings with the proper silicon lube. Tried both Duro 90 and Viton rings. I don't have a problem with the gauge port assy and that uses the same size O-ring. This is driving me nuts!

July 10th, 2012, 4:42 pm #2

i use a popsicle stick to push the o-ring down then slide it past the gage hole
anything that wont damage the oring when pushing it down willwork

July 10th, 2012, 4:44 pm #3

Anyone have any experience installing Disco Boss valves into air tubes. My O-rings keep getting chewed up on the Fill adapter threads. I'm using #016 rings with the proper silicon lube. Tried both Duro 90 and Viton rings. I don't have a problem with the gauge port assy and that uses the same size O-ring. This is driving me nuts!
the diameter of the bottom of the O-ring groove on the valve and compare it to the gauge block.... If the groove in the valve is larger OD, it may be putting too much compression on the O-ring, causing it to cut when passing the threads (or the gauge port hole)....

Bob

July 10th, 2012, 5:08 pm #4

I read a post somewhere that quoted Ron Sauls. Said to lightly sand the threads, apply o ring lube and gently push through. I haven't tried it but I'm fixing to when my parts arrive

July 10th, 2012, 6:11 pm #5

if you can just knock off some of the roughness , then fill the threads with silicone grease. another way is use some really thin plastic, or some old 35mm film, make one wrap and try to slide/push it in.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

July 10th, 2012, 6:14 pm #6

Thanks for all your responses, guys. nt

July 11th, 2012, 3:02 pm #7

Steve

July 11th, 2012, 5:39 pm #8

fixed a couple of these. All had the same issue. u could try a metric oring? lathe cut deeper?