Question about making new brass valves for the 1377

Question about making new brass valves for the 1377

May 22nd, 2012, 12:40 am #1

I have a friend with some really good machining skills who wants to try to make a couple of brass
valves that aren't radically different from the old style brass with perhaps mild power mods for the
13XX platform. I guess my question is, is there someone already doing this, or is there legal reasons
not to.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

May 22nd, 2012, 1:14 am #2

May 22nd, 2012, 3:41 pm #3

I have a friend with some really good machining skills who wants to try to make a couple of brass
valves that aren't radically different from the old style brass with perhaps mild power mods for the
13XX platform. I guess my question is, is there someone already doing this, or is there legal reasons
not to.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

and go for it .

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

May 22nd, 2012, 8:51 pm #4

not to.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

if you build it they will come!
especially if they are flat faced and modded

May 22nd, 2012, 10:01 pm #5

not to.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

I'm not going to build these I'm just asking before my machinist friend starts cutting.

Thanks for the responses

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

May 23rd, 2012, 8:48 pm #6

not to.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

I make my own 1377 valves. One thing I do different from stock is the exhaust valve seat. Rather than angle the exhaust port, I sink the valve seat as deep as possible without breaking out into the port. This does two things, it increases the valve volume, and shortens the path from the exhaust valve to the back of the pellet. It's been a while since i made one, but if memory serves, the seat can be cut about .120" deeper than stock.

Regards
Charles

May 23rd, 2012, 10:02 pm #7

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS