Poll: Has it been slow here - reasons?

Poll: Has it been slow here - reasons?

December 17th, 2010, 6:28 pm #1

Has it been slow here lately or is it my imagination? Is it because we are all busy before Christmas or we don't have money to work on new projects? Please answer with your thoughts on this, just curious.

I haven't posted much for a long time because of home repair (septic system, H2O heater, leaks, etc.) and family stuff (grandma died, etc.).

Thanks,
AR

December 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm #2

in the last year or so.

Not sure why.

December 17th, 2010, 6:44 pm #3

Has it been slow here lately or is it my imagination? Is it because we are all busy before Christmas or we don't have money to work on new projects? Please answer with your thoughts on this, just curious.

I haven't posted much for a long time because of home repair (septic system, H2O heater, leaks, etc.) and family stuff (grandma died, etc.).

Thanks,
AR
...due to banning of people (some needed it, some not) people fed up with folks committing libel and slander, people just fed up, and some due to lack of funds to show constructed or purchased goods - like myself.

All is well, regardless.

I have learned one thing about banned folks... Do NOT mention their name(s) or they will contact you!! Even in good faith do not mention their name(s)!!

Sorry about your loss.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

December 17th, 2010, 8:20 pm #4

It seems to me this slow down started possibly 2 or so years ago and it seems to get slower each and every day. I think that crosman is still the number one manufacturer and will remain that as long as they continue to support us the users. I would hate to see this forum crash and burn. john

December 17th, 2010, 8:24 pm #5

Thanks,
AR
This forum seems (to me anyways) to be THEE spot for pumpers and CO2 guns, probably because that is all Crosman traditionally made until a few years ago when they came out with springers and now PCP. Springers and PCPs are seemingly all the rage and are talked at great length on most any other forum. So, if you are into springers and PCPs there are other more active places to go, which slows this forum down even more. I guess fewer folks are into pumpers and CO2 these days.
Also the economy has an effect too. Less spending money means less airgun stuff. I haven't bought a gun all year, just tinkering with the ones I already have.
To me it also seems like fewer people are into modding their own stuff. If you read the Yellow very much it seems like most folks send their guns out for mods or tunes or buy them pre-modded. I always liked the do-it-yourself vibe from this forum.

I plink, therefore I am.
Last edited by airgunandy on December 17th, 2010, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 17th, 2010, 8:29 pm #6

It seems to me this slow down started possibly 2 or so years ago and it seems to get slower each and every day. I think that crosman is still the number one manufacturer and will remain that as long as they continue to support us the users. I would hate to see this forum crash and burn. john
I don't want anything to happen to this forum either. nt

December 17th, 2010, 8:30 pm #7

...due to banning of people (some needed it, some not) people fed up with folks committing libel and slander, people just fed up, and some due to lack of funds to show constructed or purchased goods - like myself.

All is well, regardless.

I have learned one thing about banned folks... Do NOT mention their name(s) or they will contact you!! Even in good faith do not mention their name(s)!!

Sorry about your loss.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

Thank you. nt

December 17th, 2010, 8:41 pm #8

This forum seems (to me anyways) to be THEE spot for pumpers and CO2 guns, probably because that is all Crosman traditionally made until a few years ago when they came out with springers and now PCP. Springers and PCPs are seemingly all the rage and are talked at great length on most any other forum. So, if you are into springers and PCPs there are other more active places to go, which slows this forum down even more. I guess fewer folks are into pumpers and CO2 these days.
Also the economy has an effect too. Less spending money means less airgun stuff. I haven't bought a gun all year, just tinkering with the ones I already have.
To me it also seems like fewer people are into modding their own stuff. If you read the Yellow very much it seems like most folks send their guns out for mods or tunes or buy them pre-modded. I always liked the do-it-yourself vibe from this forum.

I plink, therefore I am.
Im definiately a Doit yourself kinda guy, I build anything I can (Craftsman????) and take pride in doing it well!! ive been member of this forum since 2007.. great site lots of info on my favorite guns 1322 medalists....
Larry

plink, plink, plink!!!

December 17th, 2010, 10:19 pm #9

Thanks,
AR
but I've got my shooters pretty much the way I want them, and not alot of questions any more.

Agree, doesn't seem to be as much DIY stuff; the economy contributes I'm sure.

And yes, the yellow does take some 'business' from us, but I expect more here on Xman as the new pistol comes out, or maybe it will go to the PCP forum which sees some traffic.

We don't seem to post just for grins anymore either. Maybe we should.

Happy holidays to all...

Be Well... Tom

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

December 17th, 2010, 10:48 pm #10

I plink, therefore I am.
The Discovery/Marauder PCP forum was started awhile back although they don't seem to get a lot of traffic anymore either. Owners of the new Marauder pistol seem mostly to be posting on the yellow. I guess I am guilty - I posted a question about the Crosman Silhouette pistol on the yellow instead of either of the Crosman forums.

AR