P rod numbers

P rod numbers

June 17th, 2012, 5:09 am #1

Last edited by dan_house on June 17th, 2012, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 17th, 2012, 12:27 pm #2

You saw the numbers I PM'd ya, what are you shooting pellet wise, what are your hammer throw and spring adjustment to get those numbers. It was suggest that my spring was weak, its possible even with a fairly new gun, so it was replaced with a slightly heavier spring amd just a little longer.
with this heavier spring my numbers were still not any where near your numbers, using both 14.3g & 15.9g pellets.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

June 18th, 2012, 1:50 pm #3

June 18th, 2012, 4:28 pm #4

which is part of the speed difference. guess the other part is the size of the TP.

And Rob is correct, its cooking. Considering that I was getting 670ish _stock_, and now seeuing numbers beating on the edge of  780....... Usable shot count is down to like 18 or 19 shots.

Buster, how would I figure what the settings are?

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

June 18th, 2012, 4:30 pm #5

You saw the numbers I PM'd ya, what are you shooting pellet wise, what are your hammer throw and spring adjustment to get those numbers. It was suggest that my spring was weak, its possible even with a fairly new gun, so it was replaced with a slightly heavier spring amd just a little longer.
with this heavier spring my numbers were still not any where near your numbers, using both 14.3g & 15.9g pellets.

Buster
\\\ X ////
shows a ~20 fps increase across the board, with no changes to anything, just a refill on air......

June 18th, 2012, 9:57 pm #6

which is part of the speed difference. guess the other part is the size of the TP.

And Rob is correct, its cooking. Considering that I was getting 670ish _stock_, and now seeuing numbers beating on the edge of  780....... Usable shot count is down to like 18 or 19 shots.

Buster, how would I figure what the settings are?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... B+Settings
scroll down and he show's how to adjust the hammer throw and spring adjustments.

Now before you do that, (dont want you to mess up any good readings) shoot with 14.3 and maybe 15.9 with stock settings.

once you get those reading you'll have a base to see what your getting with the 101 TP, seeing as you've already have it installed.

you can turn counter clockwise (ccw) both the hammer throw and spring adjustment, counting the turns. start from a point, (say 11 o'clock) and use that point count the rotations ccw to see what your stock settings are. then you can return them back (CW) to the stock configuration.
If you dont want to touch them , than don't, it's your choice.
Dont mess them up just cause I asked you to.

Buster
\\\ X ////

June 18th, 2012, 10:08 pm #7

While I subsribe to your spring being weak that brings yer numbers down, I'm not convince its the whole story.

Conversly, I'd love to know where the extra 110 fps is coming from..... not complaining, but I dont get it.....

And I need to tune the thing anyway, so I' see what I can figure out

June 18th, 2012, 10:10 pm #8

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... B+Settings
scroll down and he show's how to adjust the hammer throw and spring adjustments.

Now before you do that, (dont want you to mess up any good readings) shoot with 14.3 and maybe 15.9 with stock settings.

once you get those reading you'll have a base to see what your getting with the 101 TP, seeing as you've already have it installed.

you can turn counter clockwise (ccw) both the hammer throw and spring adjustment, counting the turns. start from a point, (say 11 o'clock) and use that point count the rotations ccw to see what your stock settings are. then you can return them back (CW) to the stock configuration.
If you dont want to touch them , than don't, it's your choice.
Dont mess them up just cause I asked you to.

Buster
\\\ X ////
but I'll print it and take it ot the lab.....