P-rod finally holding air

P-rod finally holding air

June 17th, 2017, 6:30 am #1

Bout a year back i bought a 2nd hand p-rod. With the intent to use it as mostly a fitting gun so i didnt have to take the stock off my main squirrel smacker to fit new stocks.
It had a slight leak at the gauge block. Finally took the time to get that fixed and get all the little mods attached.
It has a L/W Barrel and a carbon fiber shroud with aluminum baffles. The feller i bought it from did a real awesome job crafting and fitting it all. I did have to mill down the bolt slightly to get it to cycle properly.
It also has a volume extension , so i should get possibly 60 usable shots before it gets to low instead of the 40 i get usually . And of coarse it has a custom stock Using a byods gunstock blank. To keep the color as light as possible i sanded all the boiled linseed oil finish off it and used carpenters wood glue as thin as possible to seal it. This keeps the vibrant blue vibrant, as when i hit it with the BLO it darkened up considerably and it lost that brilliant blue.

Sorry i haven't posted in ages , work keeps me busy but im still around

June 17th, 2017, 11:43 am #2

Pretty slick for a back-up airgun!

I have the same Marmot Militia airtube extension on mine. Schweet!

June 18th, 2017, 2:12 am #3

LDC it's just sweet.

June 18th, 2017, 5:39 am #4

Bout a year back i bought a 2nd hand p-rod. With the intent to use it as mostly a fitting gun so i didnt have to take the stock off my main squirrel smacker to fit new stocks.
It had a slight leak at the gauge block. Finally took the time to get that fixed and get all the little mods attached.
It has a L/W Barrel and a carbon fiber shroud with aluminum baffles. The feller i bought it from did a real awesome job crafting and fitting it all. I did have to mill down the bolt slightly to get it to cycle properly.
It also has a volume extension , so i should get possibly 60 usable shots before it gets to low instead of the 40 i get usually . And of coarse it has a custom stock Using a byods gunstock blank. To keep the color as light as possible i sanded all the boiled linseed oil finish off it and used carpenters wood glue as thin as possible to seal it. This keeps the vibrant blue vibrant, as when i hit it with the BLO it darkened up considerably and it lost that brilliant blue.

Sorry i haven't posted in ages , work keeps me busy but im still around

thx for the kind words :) n/t