out of the box pistols

out of the box pistols

May 5th, 2012, 10:36 pm #1

I have been toying around getting a air pistol for back yard plinking...Im looking for good bang for the buck out of the box.
I been toying with these opptions
Crosman: 2300s, 2240, 1700p, or a EB22. I not really considering up gradeing or tune ups on these. Just a grab and go plinker.
im a sucker for 22 cal but with a growing 17cal items I wont rule it out.
I will consider whats best for future upgradeing...
Any help.

May 5th, 2012, 11:25 pm #2

Your choices are good ones, but a good SSP or springer will fit the bill for plinking fun. For a cheap, all around great pistol, the Beeman P17 is a fantastic bargin. Great plinker and very accurate.

As far as future potential in regards to upgrades, any one of the Crosman pistols will suffice. Though a Crosman made gun, the EB22, it is rather limited in easy mods. Mods can be done, but require a great deal more than the simple removal of factory parts and adding custom like with the other guns.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 5th, 2012, 11:41 pm #3

I have been toying around getting a air pistol for back yard plinking...Im looking for good bang for the buck out of the box.
Crosman: 2300s, 2240, 1700p, or a EB22. I not really considering up gradeing or tune ups on these. Just a grab and go plinker.
Any help.
a crosman 150. you can find a good one on the auction sites or the classifieds for around 75 bucks, and you wont be disappointed. no louder than a 2240 tho all steel construction (except for the grips). very simple to work on and many made so parts are easy to find and cheapish, on the off chance you ever need them. accurate and 22 cal. built to last. ~50 shots per cartridge

just my opinion

May 6th, 2012, 12:59 am #4

Any help.
A Crosman 1322 would fit your needs nicely. No CO2 necessary. Never guess how much gas you have left when you have a built in power plant. Good shooter out of the box and plenty of room for future modifications.

May 6th, 2012, 1:29 am #5

Your choices are good ones, but a good SSP or springer will fit the bill for plinking fun. For a cheap, all around great pistol, the Beeman P17 is a fantastic bargin. Great plinker and very accurate.

As far as future potential in regards to upgrades, any one of the Crosman pistols will suffice. Though a Crosman made gun, the EB22, it is rather limited in easy mods. Mods can be done, but require a great deal more than the simple removal of factory parts and adding custom like with the other guns.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 6th, 2012, 3:07 am #6

Any help.
setup the way you like it.

Have them throw a power adjuster in the box too.

May 6th, 2012, 5:39 am #7

Any help.
Crosman should put the 13XX in their custom shop list....

Be that as it may.

150 is a nice gun. If you can find the two position one, two power levels, they can be nice.

I much prefer the hood on the older crosmans to the bolt on the current... but that is just me.

Gas guns are fun. I find my custom shop 2240 spends more time sitting that I care for. Weather here is not ideal for CO2. One more thing to think about.

My 1377 is usually the one I grab. No gas to worry about. Three pumps and all is good, ten pumps and all is holey...

I am in the process of building my second 1377 into a 1322. That will be my go to gun when I get it finished. I prefer 22 cal. to the smaller 177, they are easier for my fingers to load.

Oh, ya, if you buy the 2240 or the 1377 buy two... One will always be apart being worked on.

Any thing worth shooting is worth shooting once.

Loc: Demokratik Rebubik of Washington (state)
Last edited by huntinguy on May 6th, 2012, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 6th, 2012, 9:31 pm #8

Any help.
Picking up a Crosmam Mark1. I think the model 150 and the Mark1 are some of Crosman's best.

Ejwills.

Sometimes silence is golden,sometimes it's not.
Last edited by oldwizzer on May 6th, 2012, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 6th, 2012, 9:36 pm #9

Crosman should put the 13XX in their custom shop list....

Be that as it may.

150 is a nice gun. If you can find the two position one, two power levels, they can be nice.

I much prefer the hood on the older crosmans to the bolt on the current... but that is just me.

Gas guns are fun. I find my custom shop 2240 spends more time sitting that I care for. Weather here is not ideal for CO2. One more thing to think about.

My 1377 is usually the one I grab. No gas to worry about. Three pumps and all is good, ten pumps and all is holey...

I am in the process of building my second 1377 into a 1322. That will be my go to gun when I get it finished. I prefer 22 cal. to the smaller 177, they are easier for my fingers to load.

Oh, ya, if you buy the 2240 or the 1377 buy two... One will always be apart being worked on.

Any thing worth shooting is worth shooting once.

Loc: Demokratik Rebubik of Washington (state)

May 6th, 2012, 11:50 pm #10

Picking up a Crosmam Mark1. I think the model 150 and the Mark1 are some of Crosman's best.

Ejwills.

Sometimes silence is golden,sometimes it's not.
Ok so is there only the 2 opptions 2300 ks and 2400 ks
I have found a new 2300s for 200.00?