No free lunch? ok, how about a discount......

No free lunch? ok, how about a discount......

May 23rd, 2012, 6:20 pm #1

Steve says if you want 5 pounds of force at the other end, you gotta put 5 pounds in on your side.

But what about trigger shoes? Oh sure, they dont not reduce actual pull wieght, but your finger (and yer brain) percieve that pull to be considerably less. So how do we get the _perception_ of less pumping effort? (oh sure, you'll still be sore, but that wont happen for a while after youve stopped shooting )

Maybe a side lever, with a longer than stock pump arm? Better mechanical advantage and somehwere to hold the gun....... 

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

May 23rd, 2012, 6:40 pm #2

Last edited by robnewyork on May 23rd, 2012, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 23rd, 2012, 6:47 pm #3

Steve says if you want 5 pounds of force at the other end, you gotta put 5 pounds in on your side.

But what about trigger shoes? Oh sure, they dont not reduce actual pull wieght, but your finger (and yer brain) percieve that pull to be considerably less. So how do we get the _perception_ of less pumping effort? (oh sure, you'll still be sore, but that wont happen for a while after youve stopped shooting )

Maybe a side lever, with a longer than stock pump arm? Better mechanical advantage and somehwere to hold the gun....... 

You know I been thinking. Perhaps the heat's getting to me. What about an under lever that reaches back behind the trigger and incorporates the trigger guard. Think of a lever-action rifle but instead of pivoting in front of the trigger the lever pivots out near the muzzle.

On the other hand, too long of a lever is going to make it awkward to use, especially in the brush or in the prone position.

I plink, therefore I am.

May 23rd, 2012, 6:51 pm #4

I'd like to see you tote all that out to the woods.

Part of the complaints about pumpers is all the commotion that's made during pumping. I think I'd scare more critters jumping up and down on a foot pump than using a swinging lever. I'm just sayin'... LOL

I plink, therefore I am.

May 23rd, 2012, 7:09 pm #5

You know I been thinking. Perhaps the heat's getting to me. What about an under lever that reaches back behind the trigger and incorporates the trigger guard. Think of a lever-action rifle but instead of pivoting in front of the trigger the lever pivots out near the muzzle.

On the other hand, too long of a lever is going to make it awkward to use, especially in the brush or in the prone position.

I plink, therefore I am.
... oh about halfway down.....

May 23rd, 2012, 7:20 pm #6

I plink, therefore I am.
"What about an under lever that reaches back behind the trigger and incorporates the trigger guard."
Exactly what I've been mulling over for a few days. Think an extended Daisy 880/953 pump arm and you're there.

I tend to gnaw on concepts, shove 'em back & forth between my ears and beat them with a stick for a while before deciding they are worth sharing. Consequently I usually suck hind tit. Tom

May 23rd, 2012, 7:32 pm #7

I plink, therefore I am.
What about an under lever that reaches back behind the trigger and incorporates the trigger guard.
Started thinking about that even before I bought my 1322.
I just don't like the looks of the stock 13xx pistol.
Some kind of lever arm that eliminates the front stock, and looks good.
Hadn't thought about incorporating the trigger guard. Only adds an inch or two, but it's still a significant portion of pump handle over-all length.

Thanks for that thought !

May 23rd, 2012, 8:56 pm #8

I plink, therefore I am.
a side lever can be much longer than an under lever. It wont hamper the operation of the gun.
All is needed to do in case of a 2100/1400 tube is re-drilling a few holes and make a trigger extension...

May 23rd, 2012, 9:34 pm #9

I'd like to see you tote all that out to the woods.

Part of the complaints about pumpers is all the commotion that's made during pumping. I think I'd scare more critters jumping up and down on a foot pump than using a swinging lever. I'm just sayin'... LOL

I plink, therefore I am.

May 24th, 2012, 12:12 am #10

Butterfly.....Like the new Crosman pump. Handles on the sides? n/t