New In Town

New In Town

March 28th, 2012, 6:54 pm #1

Greetings Crosman aficionados!

I'm new in town and wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I began acquiring and experimenting/plinking/target shooting in the mid 1970's, and have accrued a fair amount of experience with Benjamin, Daisy, Healthways, RWS, Chinese, Webley, Sheridan, S&W and Crosman airguns. Most of my toys are vintage, though I do own a Crosman CB-40 that I tested briefly and then stowed away in its molded plastic case.

Due to career objectives, I wound up living in an airgun unfriendly region for 8 long years. With no place to shoot, I wound up leaving my airguns in the same protective gun sacks and boxes that I used to move them. Fortunately, my new home is situated in an airgun friendly region with a very nice outdoor range that I plan to frequent this summer. The guns were all lubed with Pellgunoil/Air Spring Oil prior to storage, so I'm hoping that I won't have too many leaky O-rings to contend with. There was a time when I actually knew how to disassemble valves, change rings, springs, etc., though it's been a very long time and I don't feel up to it at this point.

Any advice would be appreciated, and I'd especially like to hear from vintage airgun folks as I have absolutely no experience with the recently made PCPs, etc.

Regards,
Jason

Last edited by grenchat on March 28th, 2012, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 28th, 2012, 7:40 pm #2

friendly crowd here, so dont be shy

Learn to use the search function, and you'll get many answers. Thing you cant find out by searching, ask and somebody probably knows.....

So where is home now?

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

March 28th, 2012, 7:52 pm #3

Greetings and thank you, Dan!

I just posted to a dated Crosman 99 thread though it wasn't brought to the top as is the case on other forums.

I'm now located a stone's throw from the Field Target Airgun Club in Long Island, NY. Have you heard of them?

March 28th, 2012, 8:44 pm #4

dont know much about it, but hve heard of......

Long Island?  your close to rob....

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

March 28th, 2012, 8:54 pm #5

Okay, I see that you're in Montana. I once had a friend who was originally from Bozeman.

Would you happen to know any of the following airgunners:

Mitch Haley

Dean T. Fletcher

Mac-1

Rick Willnecker

These are just a few of the regulars that I can remember off the top of my head.

Last edited by grenchat on March 29th, 2012, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 28th, 2012, 9:24 pm #6

Here's a link to the Field Target Club in Brookhaven, NY:

Field Target Club (Long Island, NY)