New 2 Me 1701P.....yeee haaaaa!!!!!

New 2 Me 1701P.....yeee haaaaa!!!!!

June 12th, 2012, 5:32 pm #1

I love the postman!! Looksie at what he just dropped off!!!!!

Bought this lightly used. I have been wanting this pistol ever since I had the oppertunity to shot it in the Green forum's pass around........now it is mine, all mine!!!

This bad boy will need to wait to be shot until I can get a pump, but just knowing I have it makes that all right. I guess this is the start of my journey to the DARKSIDE
Rich

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

June 13th, 2012, 4:43 am #2

and it was a choice of the p rod or the 1701

do you have a carbine stock? makes a perfect across the shop sniper rifle.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

June 13th, 2012, 1:29 pm #3

I love the postman!! Looksie at what he just dropped off!!!!!

Bought this lightly used. I have been wanting this pistol ever since I had the oppertunity to shot it in the Green forum's pass around........now it is mine, all mine!!!

This bad boy will need to wait to be shot until I can get a pump, but just knowing I have it makes that all right. I guess this is the start of my journey to the DARKSIDE
Rich

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
..and once you get a pump, will be spoiled by how easy it is to fill. I keep going back and forth between carbine and pistol configuration.

June 13th, 2012, 2:33 pm #4

and it was a choice of the p rod or the 1701

do you have a carbine stock? makes a perfect across the shop sniper rifle.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic
I just bought today. Should be here in about a week or so. Man, I hope this one shoots as good as the traveling show shooter. Not being made of money, this is the best I will be able to afford for a while. Will give my 2240's a well deserved rest now

Has anyone tried these on Co2? I'm going to give it a shot and was wondering if the TP needs to get larger or smaller in order to get the FPS high enough?? Any thoughts?

Rich

June 13th, 2012, 2:37 pm #5

..and once you get a pump, will be spoiled by how easy it is to fill. I keep going back and forth between carbine and pistol configuration.
to fill it. We used a Benji pump and it seemed like we were at 3K after only 40-50 pumps, but I could be wrong about that. I was pretty psyched the day were shooting the Traveling Show 1701P!

June 13th, 2012, 3:06 pm #6

I just bought today. Should be here in about a week or so. Man, I hope this one shoots as good as the traveling show shooter. Not being made of money, this is the best I will be able to afford for a while. Will give my 2240's a well deserved rest now

Has anyone tried these on Co2? I'm going to give it a shot and was wondering if the TP needs to get larger or smaller in order to get the FPS high enough?? Any thoughts?

Rich
Sounds about right..although from the bottom of the sweet spot to the top is more like 20-25 strokes.

Can play with power by way of the transfer port, although with a small volume the faster it goes the sooner you refill. Easier to get a handle on velocity changes if you think in terms of area of a circle rather than just drill diameter for any transfer port changes.

Co2 hasn't been seriously tested, but would guess in stock form (with the tiny transfer port) speeds would be pretty low (more like BB-SSP speeds..something around 350-400 on a guess).

Went ahead and made a shroud for mine, and upped the speed to about like an R7. Having the front sight mounted on a solidly mounted shroud didn't cause any accuracy loss I can detect (and its a quite accurate little gun).

As a carbine...had not painted the shroud or added the front sight at this point:
[/IMG]

As a pistol:
[/IMG]

To be honest, as I bought another nice .177 rifle, this one is going back to pistol configuration., the original transfer port getting reinstalled.....open sights and all.

June 13th, 2012, 8:47 pm #7

like it is for a while. Once the new-ness wears off, I will dig into it and see what it can do on Co2. I'm thinking TP port opened and softer springs?? Oh well, that's for down the road a bit.
Rich