need some information on a 2.5 power scope

need some information on a 2.5 power scope

August 1st, 2007, 9:52 pm #1

im looking to get a small scope for a archer airguns car78a that i orderd yesterday . i have a bushnell 3-9x40 but i think it would mess with the handling and possably the loading of the gun(heavy big scope) . i like the looks of the 2.5 power scopes but dont know what a good one would be for a co2 rifle . i will mostly be target shotting and plinking with the rifle between 25 feet to 30 yards and would like a scope thats light weight and that i can use with both eyes open . thats why im looking for a 2.5 power but i cant seem to find any decent ones .any one have links to a decent one under $35 ? or should i just use the bushnel ? link to the rifle i orderd http://www.archerairguns.com/airguns.html its the carbine .

August 1st, 2007, 11:54 pm #2

I have a 2X pistol scope on one of my 2240s. Its OK but I use a 4X or 6X scope on a rifle. Compacts from Centerpoint or Leapers are small and are not too much more than 35$. Spend the extra money now and save yourself the head-ache of buying a better one later. They also have AO(adjustable objective)which lets you to have the target and cross-hairs in focus as close as 3-5 yards. This is very important on an airgun in my opinion. Regular scopes are usually set at 50 or 100 yards. Hope this helps.

August 2nd, 2007, 1:01 am #3

form archer airguns . seems like it fits the rifle well.

August 2nd, 2007, 1:44 am #4

im looking to get a small scope for a archer airguns car78a that i orderd yesterday . i have a bushnell 3-9x40 but i think it would mess with the handling and possably the loading of the gun(heavy big scope) . i like the looks of the 2.5 power scopes but dont know what a good one would be for a co2 rifle . i will mostly be target shotting and plinking with the rifle between 25 feet to 30 yards and would like a scope thats light weight and that i can use with both eyes open . thats why im looking for a 2.5 power but i cant seem to find any decent ones .any one have links to a decent one under $35 ? or should i just use the bushnel ? link to the rifle i orderd http://www.archerairguns.com/airguns.html its the carbine .
Maybe a Leapers 6x Bug Buster.

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

August 2nd, 2007, 2:58 am #5

..those scope grooves go all the way to the back of the reciever and extend out past the loading port. Have mounted several scopes and have yet to find one that won't fit and give correct eye relief. An 8-32, 6-18, 3-9, 6X bugbuster, and aneven shorter 6X mini have been mounted at one time or another.

The short scopes tend to put the enlarged OBJECTIVE over the loading port...the loing scopes put the thinner scope body over the loading port. getting that enlargged objective of a longer scope out ahead of the port actually gives more loading room.

Long scope:

To short scope, QB doesn't seem to care:

Last edited by gubb33ps on August 2nd, 2007, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 2nd, 2007, 3:23 am #6

and would make it top heavy . i ajusted the paralax to around 12 yards and mounted it back on my older diana 24 . oh and i have dail up lol ,but it loaded ok thoght .this is the red dot i want to get , i orderd the same rifle thats in the pic. [/IMG]

i cant wait to get the CAR78 , but dont have any optics to test it with . might have a few bucks left after bills this month maybe can get the red dot from archer or try and find one at the local gunstore . i think they have bsa ones for $35 or $40 .i think one of the crosman 4x32 scopes might be ok i dont know i willl just have to look around. any one else have pics of scopes they have mounted on there qbs ?