My new project is done!! AS2560XT??

My new project is done!! AS2560XT??

October 1st, 2011, 6:19 am #1

Kind of! haha.. Ok so it's time to reveal my new little toy. I've been building this rifle for a few months now and it's pretty much done. I'm getting a new regulator for the bottle and I'm in the process of making a shroud for it and that's pretty much it. First off though I would like to thank Jim Crawford and Glenn Davis from Texas for their thoughts and input! I was gonna mess with my 007 build but then I bought another AS2250XT so that I wouldn't have to tear 007 apart. There's not much Crosman left except for the trigger frame, valve stem and the air transfer tube blocks, that's it everything else is aftermarket. I have a .25cal 19-3/4" barrel from Roy @ Mtn. Air, Bryan & Associates Max Flow valve that I worked my magic on, Don Cothran 2260 Stainless PCP tube ,Don C. Stainless long breech and roller trigger. I made a .25cal thru-bolt out of brass, I made a double o-ring end cap/plug out of 7075 aluminum and I made the brass safety. A buddy of mine machined my 17" long air tube-I would have done it but I didn't have the right tool for my lathe. I have a Crosmods AS adapter, Tiberius Arms adjustable butt stock and tank, RB left hand Sportsman Grips and a 2260 forearm, 3/4" scope riser blocks, 1" scope rings and a Bushnell Trophy 3x9 scope. I fitted a picatinny rail to the forearm and put on a bipod and sling. I also made a hammer and trigger spring guide. I took all the black stuff i.e.: scope rings, crosmods adapter and air tube blocks and changed them to silver and I sent my trigger frame to Browns Plating to get chromed. Right now on 1600psi (I used the bottle off of 007) she's shooting .25cal 26gr Predators @ 768fps or 34fpe but I only got a couple shots off. I think she can do better but I ran out of air from testing - I had some problems and saw a high of 806fps a couple of times but wasn't sure what was going on and now found out that my regulator and crosmods adapter had to be tightened just enough or it would block the air if I tried to put it on tight. Well enough ---- here's my custom AS2560XT A.K.A. PSK!!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

October 1st, 2011, 7:57 am #2

Great job David! Looks really good! Well done!...... n/t

October 1st, 2011, 10:32 am #3

Kind of! haha.. Ok so it's time to reveal my new little toy. I've been building this rifle for a few months now and it's pretty much done. I'm getting a new regulator for the bottle and I'm in the process of making a shroud for it and that's pretty much it. First off though I would like to thank Jim Crawford and Glenn Davis from Texas for their thoughts and input! I was gonna mess with my 007 build but then I bought another AS2250XT so that I wouldn't have to tear 007 apart. There's not much Crosman left except for the trigger frame, valve stem and the air transfer tube blocks, that's it everything else is aftermarket. I have a .25cal 19-3/4" barrel from Roy @ Mtn. Air, Bryan & Associates Max Flow valve that I worked my magic on, Don Cothran 2260 Stainless PCP tube ,Don C. Stainless long breech and roller trigger. I made a .25cal thru-bolt out of brass, I made a double o-ring end cap/plug out of 7075 aluminum and I made the brass safety. A buddy of mine machined my 17" long air tube-I would have done it but I didn't have the right tool for my lathe. I have a Crosmods AS adapter, Tiberius Arms adjustable butt stock and tank, RB left hand Sportsman Grips and a 2260 forearm, 3/4" scope riser blocks, 1" scope rings and a Bushnell Trophy 3x9 scope. I fitted a picatinny rail to the forearm and put on a bipod and sling. I also made a hammer and trigger spring guide. I took all the black stuff i.e.: scope rings, crosmods adapter and air tube blocks and changed them to silver and I sent my trigger frame to Browns Plating to get chromed. Right now on 1600psi (I used the bottle off of 007) she's shooting .25cal 26gr Predators @ 768fps or 34fpe but I only got a couple shots off. I think she can do better but I ran out of air from testing - I had some problems and saw a high of 806fps a couple of times but wasn't sure what was going on and now found out that my regulator and crosmods adapter had to be tightened just enough or it would block the air if I tried to put it on tight. Well enough ---- here's my custom AS2560XT A.K.A. PSK!!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
That is really nice! you got my mind working now
Good job

October 1st, 2011, 10:34 am #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Great looking project.

October 1st, 2011, 9:55 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Moving the front air transfer tube all the way forward to the end cap will save to a ton of air leak headaches when, -er, I mean IF you decide to push it into the 2k psi+ range. That is the Achilles heel of the AS2250XT HPA IMHO. Looks like you nailed it!

Well done Dave!

-Jim

October 2nd, 2011, 1:39 am #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Where did you purchased the transfer tube from?
Last edited by crosman22cal on October 2nd, 2011, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 2nd, 2011, 2:40 am #7

I bought the tubing from onlinemetals.com and had to cut and machine the ends to accept o-rings. I was gonna do the o-ring grooves myself but I didn't have a groove tool for my lathe at the time so a buddy of mine was able to do it for me but now I have a groove tool so I'll be able to make it myself for my next build. I'm gonna build my pops a 9mm! Hahaha......

October 2nd, 2011, 2:51 am #8

Oh ok, Thank you. Since I have a lathe with grooving tools. Im gonna make my own too then. Just buy the tube and other parts.

October 2nd, 2011, 3:20 am #9

I bought T316 seamless tubing .325" OD X .083" wall - it was the closest I could find to match the Crosman tube. I tried .065" wall but the ID was to big and wasn't able to make the o-ring grooves deep enough without making the wall to thin.

October 2nd, 2011, 7:03 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks for the info. How about the both end block did you used the stock or did you made from aluminum or steel?
Last edited by crosman22cal on October 2nd, 2011, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.