my first 2240

my first 2240

June 11th, 2012, 6:25 am #1

after all these years i finally purchased a 2240. found it on craigs list for $40.00. sure, i had some reservations on its condition, but comeon... a 2240 for that price? ive had it now for 2 weeks, run 2 tins {of 150} cp points down range and i gotta say....why did i wait so long to buy one??!!i have 5 1377s and 2 1322s and an assortnent of co2 pistols, i am seriously kicking myself in the a@@ for not stepping up and getting one of these awesome pistols sooner!!!!!as far as i can tell, its "box stock". i havent cleaned it or broken it down, yet, and it shoots like a dream!i even did the "soap bar" test ....at 50 ft. wow! now i really understand why these are so highly modded. please forgive my "newbie" rant, but to any reader who does not own one...this IS in my {recently humbled} opinion, a must have. i will never give up my collection of 13xx pumpers, but i have to say,my first impression of the 2240 was quite a plesant surprise.

June 11th, 2012, 11:52 am #2

Yes, the 2240 is a pretty amazing pistol cosidering what it can do and how much it costs. I never shot mine in factory format though. Mine is a refurb and I had it modded even before I even installed the first CO2 bulb! LOL

I plink, therefore I am.

June 11th, 2012, 2:03 pm #3

after all these years i finally purchased a 2240. found it on craigs list for $40.00. sure, i had some reservations on its condition, but comeon... a 2240 for that price? ive had it now for 2 weeks, run 2 tins {of 150} cp points down range and i gotta say....why did i wait so long to buy one??!!i have 5 1377s and 2 1322s and an assortnent of co2 pistols, i am seriously kicking myself in the a@@ for not stepping up and getting one of these awesome pistols sooner!!!!!as far as i can tell, its "box stock". i havent cleaned it or broken it down, yet, and it shoots like a dream!i even did the "soap bar" test ....at 50 ft. wow! now i really understand why these are so highly modded. please forgive my "newbie" rant, but to any reader who does not own one...this IS in my {recently humbled} opinion, a must have. i will never give up my collection of 13xx pumpers, but i have to say,my first impression of the 2240 was quite a plesant surprise.
Cock>Shoot>Cock>Shoot

There are days that sequence is just perfect!

June 12th, 2012, 12:38 am #4

Trouble is, they tend to multiply!

June 12th, 2012, 5:24 pm #5

so true. as evidenced by the stack of rifle cases in my workshop. started with a pumper... into springers... co2{1077s} standing count at this time...14.