My (as yet un purchased) Rogue filled by hand pump?

My (as yet un purchased) Rogue filled by hand pump?

April 5th, 2011, 3:44 pm #1

Ok, yes, I ve come around.... and now lusting after a Rogue. Like I need one, but that never stopped me

What will be a deal breaker is if I cant fill it from the hand pump.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremecy

April 5th, 2011, 4:43 pm #2

...how long you're willing to pump for every shot - which may turn out to be a very long time indeed.

IIRC, some depressingly poor shots-per-fill numbers have been posted for the Rogue that imply it's an amazingly inefficient air-hog.

Steve

April 5th, 2011, 4:53 pm #3

Ok, yes, I ve come around.... and now lusting after a Rogue. Like I need one, but that never stopped me

forget about trying to shoot one filling with a hand pump, big bores use too much air per shot.

April 5th, 2011, 7:18 pm #4

.25 Mrod......

April 5th, 2011, 9:09 pm #5

Whats another few hun for a scuba tank and hoses? Me myself, I already know I cant afford one, but one can dream. Fortunately I dont shoot at anything that needs a big .357 slug, but for my .22 disco I knew from the start that I wouldnt like to use a pump so I got a regulated air tank. Dan I thought you of all people would already have plans for a 393(.357 Benji)or a .25 AC valve vintage Blue streak conversion. After you get your Rogue I hope you dont go Hollywood (yellow forum) on us as I look forward to your post.

April 5th, 2011, 9:19 pm #6

393? oh sh*t..... never thought of it.....

I have a "dead" 397 (managed to pull the barrrel off the tube, and have completely unsoldered it.....).....

back to the rogue...... I held off on the Marauder (and any other PCP) till crosman offered the rifle/pump combo. The tank is one more tie down, and its not nearly as portable. I top off, depending, after about 30 shots. Not alot of pumping, and the pump is much more portable than the tank....

April 6th, 2011, 4:48 am #7

I shot a match with my ~180 ft-lb big bore, topping up with hand pump every shot.
If I recall, I worked out that the pump put in 25 ft-lb per stroke so 7-8 strokes sufficed
for each shot. This rifle has a 113cc reservoir. Rogue has 330cc reservoir and uses about
double the air per ft-lb so figure 12.5 ft-lbs per stroke.

Topping up from an exhausted reservoir would require at least a couple of breaks for you and pump
to cool off.

April 6th, 2011, 6:53 pm #8

sounds about right.

April 6th, 2011, 6:56 pm #9

I shot a match with my ~180 ft-lb big bore, topping up with hand pump every shot.
If I recall, I worked out that the pump put in 25 ft-lb per stroke so 7-8 strokes sufficed
for each shot. This rifle has a 113cc reservoir. Rogue has 330cc reservoir and uses about
double the air per ft-lb so figure 12.5 ft-lbs per stroke.

Topping up from an exhausted reservoir would require at least a couple of breaks for you and pump
to cool off.
forget that!

no tanks.... no thanks

April 6th, 2011, 8:15 pm #10

I filled 3 Airforce Condor tanks in one sitting more then once, the condor used to be my hunting go to gun but then I discovered the RWS 350, and for myself there is none better.

I wouldnt blink an eye to sit down and pump the Rogue but in the field I wouldnt waist my time.

The Rogue should have removable tanks that way a guy could have 3 or 4 filled tanks and ready to go.