More 1400 discussion

More 1400 discussion

August 28th, 2011, 3:50 am #1

I got this one to start another project. I had planned on cannibalizing it, but after it got here, dunno if I have the heart to do that.

Seems like a cool rifle. well built and the right size and wieght. no scope dovetails, and not sure if the intermount will fit the barrel. The bolts ruff, some wear on the blueing, needs seals, but the bones are good.

Definitely seems like a great companion to the 1377,2289 and AC397.

hack it up or rebuild it.... waffle waffle....

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

August 28th, 2011, 4:11 am #2

...to have a better idea, Dan!

I don't blame you for not wanting to hack it up. I had to make that leap of faith too. Turned out great. The trade off is you end up with a rifle no one has - the 1400 is plentiful and can be had again quickly.

After owning all the variants, I've decided to not settle for one unless it is the bolt handle version. Made the mistake of selling the one off I did have.

I think you will appreicate the valve design of the 1400 once it is shooting again for ya'.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

August 28th, 2011, 6:17 am #3

we've talked about what can be built, and thats what this gun was for. So the choice is, either spend the money to build the custom, or spend the money to fix it.

plentiful you say.... so if thats the case then I'm gonna have to go custom (lunatic fringe and all).... but definitley now need to add a 1400 to the stable.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic