Modding tube bulk for power how to... Photo intensive.

Modding tube bulk for power how to... Photo intensive.

November 25th, 2005, 6:14 am #1

Have been asked about this many times will put it on my site soon but for now.

How to mod tube bulk for power.

The Tube bulk cap Brian and Associates as well as others sell this as part of a two piece tube bulk powerlet eliminator.

Drill 1/4 inch hole all the way trough the cap.

drill 25/64ths hole about 1/4 inch into the rear portion of the cap.

Cut two or three treads from the cap.

Drill out extra material from the front of the cap for more charge volume.

Cap from the rear

Cap from the front

Now combine this modded cap with the mods already available for the valve body ie; porting, stem mods and a lighter spring for some decent power upgrades. If you choose to use the stock Crosman tubes at high pressures such as 1200 to 1500psi be sure to pressure test them with the valve and cap installed. The valve and cap should be secured for safety. Just because some of us have used these mods at the mentioned pressure does NOT mean all of the tubes are safe at these prssures.

Don't blow yerself up be safe know what you are doing or just plain don't do it.

I used to have a life. But now I have the forum. I am a sick man?

Last edited by Biohazardman on June 22nd, 2015, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 25th, 2005, 2:46 pm #2

The detailed photos really make the difference. In your notes you state to secure the valve and cap, does that mean you secure both with machine screws in the tube, or just the head of the valve?

Thanks

November 25th, 2005, 3:39 pm #3

The Tube bulk cap Brian and Associates as well as others sell this as part of a two piece tube bulk powerlet eliminator.

Cap from the rear

Cap from the front

Now combine this modded cap with the mods already available for the valve body ie; porting, stem mods and a lighter spring for some decent power upgrades. If you choose to use the stock Crosman tubes at high pressures such as 1200 to 1500psi be sure to pressure test them with the valve and cap installed. The valve and cap should be secured for safety. Just because some of us have used these mods at the mentioned pressure does NOT mean all of the tubes are safe at these prssures.

Don't blow yerself up be safe know what you are doing or just plain don't do it.

Sorry to nag. but I'm not the only one am I?

November 25th, 2005, 3:47 pm #4

Thanks. David.

November 25th, 2005, 4:16 pm #5

The detailed photos really make the difference. In your notes you state to secure the valve and cap, does that mean you secure both with machine screws in the tube, or just the head of the valve?

Thanks
If you check the tech section you will find this on valve retention. There are many ways to secure things. Pins or screws or set screws as well as shimming. I leave that up to you and just say it would be a good idea.

http://www.network54.com/Realm/CFTech/BioVlvSec.htm

November 25th, 2005, 4:20 pm #6

Thanks. David.
the original valve mod how to in the forum Tech section.

http://www.network54.com/Realm/adminhtml/CFlinks.htm

Last edited by Biohazardman on November 25th, 2005, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 25th, 2005, 5:15 pm #7

Cap from the rear

Cap from the front

Thanks Bio but I was referring to this part in you notes "...The valve and cap should be secured ..."

It almost sounded like you were double securing the piece, one for the value and again for the cap. I just wanted to clarify wheter you intended to secure both or just one like you have in the "Valve Retention" articlie.

Looks like you just meant once.

Thanks.

November 25th, 2005, 6:13 pm #8

the gas is just pushing in the the one direction. The front tube fill should be secured also just to be safe.