Marksman 2004/Beeman P17

Marksman 2004/Beeman P17

January 30th, 2012, 8:00 pm #1

I'm looking to barrel mod my 2004 & P17. I want longer barrels in .177 & .22.I can notch out the barrel for the retainig/lock down strap isn't a problem.I just don't know what to order or from where. If anyone has done this mod can you help me out with some info? Thanks.

January 30th, 2012, 8:06 pm #2

January 30th, 2012, 8:33 pm #3

I'm looking to barrel mod my 2004 & P17. I want longer barrels in .177 & .22.I can notch out the barrel for the retainig/lock down strap isn't a problem.I just don't know what to order or from where. If anyone has done this mod can you help me out with some info? Thanks.
Crosman barrels are 7/16" diameter. You will need to notch the barrel, as you said. You will also need to bore the front end hole to 7/16". This can be done using a drill press. Crosman barrels have a transfer port hole which means it needs to be removed. All pretty easy to do with the proper tools (drill press and lathe).

I have a 14 inch (or around that length) .22 cal. Crosman barrel. I'll sell it to you if you need it... Email me.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

January 30th, 2012, 10:13 pm #4

A few more FPS in .177. The .22 was just a thought.If it shoots 385 fps in .177, I would guess 335 fps in .22? Any thoughts? Hey Phil,thanks for the offer big guy.I might get back to you on that offer. Like i said, just a few more fps, 40-60 would be great.

January 30th, 2012, 10:41 pm #5

January 31st, 2012, 12:08 am #6

I did the reseal with metric rings.Huge difference.I polished everything in the trigger mechanism because I was getting that"squeeze the tgigger 4 times & shoots on release problem". Phil, do i bore the barrel or the plastic receiver where the barrel inserts?

January 31st, 2012, 2:36 am #7

...the lip where it is designed to hold the factory barrel. The exterior, where the larger bor eis located is real close to 7/16, but shy slightly. You will need to go through that as well.

Start with a bit the same size as the existing hole to true it to the inner smaller hole. Once you have done that, use a 7/16 drill bit to go through again. This way the Crosman barrel fits without having to use lube to slip it in.

A little tip that is worth doing, once you have gotten the 7/16 hole drilled to allow the barrel to slip on through: On the bottom of the slide/pump lever, towards the muzzle of the plastic, there are two small holes from the injection molding process. You can use those same two holes to drill into and then tap them. Put two set screws in the holes to assist in keeping the barrel from moving as well. You can counter drill two small holes in the barrel so the set screw recess into the barrel to create bite.

The fake ejection port (where the strap is located) needs to be wider to accomodate the larger diameter barrel as well. All pretty easy to do.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

January 31st, 2012, 3:18 am #8

If i swapped the barrel for the Crosman barrel? I like the acuuracy of the factory barrel.Are the Crosman barrels just as accurate? I would hate to drop acuuracy for a couple of fps gain. I know my 1377 with a .22 14" barrel is pretty dead on. Just wondering if the P17 barrel has better rifling.That's why i figure let me ask you guys. Thanks for the details Phil.

January 31st, 2012, 3:19 am #9

January 31st, 2012, 4:05 am #10

I took a 2240 barrel in my lathe and made an exact duplicate of the marksman .177 barrel so they interchange. after trying it on a couple hundred pellets I put the .177 back in. I think the only advantage with the .22 barrel would be if you had a lot of mice to pop and did not want a miss to penetrate your fancy woodwork. I did not notice much difference in accuracy at all at the short ranges a 2004 is good at. john