Marauder pistol w/longer barrel...day1

Marauder pistol w/longer barrel...day1

May 1st, 2011, 7:26 am #1

Took the marauder pistol out for hunting trip today. I brought along my shot up chrony too haha. The chrony seemed to work fine outdoors. The gun was shot with 15.9 grain pellets, approx 5 inches from muzzle to chrony. Results are with an 8 shot string, averaging 769 fps. Fully adjusted for highest power. Stock Marauder pistol with 17.5 inch barrel. Initiated the gun with two squirrels. Both taken at 45 yards. 20ft/lb light hunter! The gun shoots well and true between 3,000 and 2,000 psi. Shoots to the left upon reaching 1,000 psi. Tomorrow Im going back out for day #2 and then will do a full review with pics. Thanks for your interest. By the way before changing barrels I was getting 639 fps average using the same setup (original 12" barrel) and pellet. Gained an average of 130 fps with barrel mod.

May 1st, 2011, 1:41 pm #2

Didn't you open up the port and put in a different striker/hammer?

If you still have the stock hammer out of the gun, can you weigh it when you get time?

I'm looking forward to the pictures, hope everything goes well on your hunt.

May 1st, 2011, 4:02 pm #3

Yea I did do some experimenting with different springs and hammers and transfer ports. I found the gun is capable of a lot more power, but at the cost of shot count. Now in the power game to get high velocities is fun, but for me and the hunting game, both power and shot count play a huge role. So Im trying to find the balance between power and shots. So far I have a gun that will shoot 20ft/lbs, with about 10 shots. Thats not good enough for me. I know I can get 20ft/lbs with about 20 shots if I change out the transfer port to poly. I want to lighten up the hammer preload and see if this poly tube thing makes a difference. I want my shot count to go way up! Also a longer barrel, maybe 24 inches will help you gain the velocities your looking for.