Marauder Carbine/Bullpup FT Version

January 21st, 2011, 4:53 am #1

With Planning for the World FT Championship in Italy this year we looked into air travel. There is a $150 surcharge each way for each case that is over 50 LBs or over 62" when combining L+W+H.

Our current Marauders fit into a non airline friendly case that is way to big.

So we looked for appropriate gun cases and how to fit our guns into them without major disassembly and reassembly each day.

We had already made components for an electronic trigger assembly back in 2006 so we knew we could do it.

Below is our finished product. 33" over all length with a 14" pull and 13.5 lbs with the extra weight set. About a pound lighter then my full length version and the balance, pull length and eye releife all match the full length version. Trigger is single stage and under 2 ounces.

You have a regular cheek piece so no uncomfortable metal to bear against.

The feel of the full length gun as compared to the Carbine Bullpup are almost identical since we matched all of the full lengths guns dimensions.

Not being stock makers I could have spent much more time on filling and sanding if I had the patients.

This is what it looks like:

Full length gun for comparison:

A Team PCP Tuning Document

Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)
(please note the site does go down with high
traffic so check back if it isn't available)

YouTube Videos
Last edited by AteamRAY on January 21st, 2011, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 21st, 2011, 6:33 am #2

January 21st, 2011, 8:26 am #3

With Planning for the World FT Championship in Italy this year we looked into air travel. There is a $150 surcharge each way for each case that is over 50 LBs or over 62" when combining L+W+H.

So we looked for appropriate gun cases and how to fit our guns into them without major disassembly and reassembly each day.

We had already made components for an electronic trigger assembly back in 2006 so we knew we could do it.

Below is our finished product. 33" over all length with a 14" pull and 13.5 lbs with the extra weight set. About a pound lighter then my full length version and the balance, pull length and eye releife all match the full length version. Trigger is single stage and under 2 ounces.

The feel of the full length gun as compared to the Carbine Bullpup are almost identical since we matched all of the full lengths guns dimensions.

Not being stock makers I could have spent much more time on filling and sanding if I had the patients.

YouTube Videos
else out there along those lines. Great outside the box thinking. I love it when a plan comes together. KUDOS!

Willing victim of unrepentant airgun enablers.

January 21st, 2011, 1:36 pm #4

YouTube Videos
tell me what scopes that you have showing. TIA,

A4Skyhawk

January 21st, 2011, 1:53 pm #5

On The Carbine Bull Pup and Nightforce 36FT on one of the last 2 pictures. All the same actions just different configurations

YouTube Videos

January 21st, 2011, 2:10 pm #6

YouTube Videos
I am very impressed with that. Lookin' good for sure. Now when are they going to be made available to the general public?

January 21st, 2011, 3:59 pm #7

YouTube Videos
you did a fine job and a lot of work.

me, I'd just take the stock off to pack it up short.

January 21st, 2011, 5:19 pm #8

YouTube Videos
Now about that trigger???
Tammy & I are counting on you all being at the Redneck 100 and/or the Nationals in TN and checking out ya'll lastest creation.
I have posted here for a couple of years encouraging folks to get to their closest FT match as any ol crosman can shoot FT, FT is fun, and, you guys always show up and allow others to check out the latest greatest. We very much appreciate you and Hans allowing us to try out your fine equipment. "I"
learned more about air strippers in a couple of minutes just listening to you & Doug (Doug & Vipa) discuss-show&tell your airstrippers a year or so back.
Never met a bullpup I liked, they do not balance right for me (at all) but something tells me your may just work out okay.
And good luck at the Worlds!

John

January 21st, 2011, 6:59 pm #9

than welcome to try our guns. We look forward to people getting a feel for something different.

My Carbine Bullpup balances the same as my full length gun. I had a bunch of weight in the back of the long gun and don't need it in the Carbine. This is one I think you will like because there is still a cheek peice to rest on and the pull and ballance match a long gun. the weight is just about a pound lighter at 13.5 lbs.

See you at redneck 100 and the Nationals. Baton Rouge if you make it also. Think about the Crosman match as it is now a 2 day match with stuff on friday as well so really 3 days.

YouTube Videos
Last edited by AteamRAY on January 22nd, 2011, 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 21st, 2011, 7:03 pm #10

you did a fine job and a lot of work.

me, I'd just take the stock off to pack it up short.
carry our guns from lane to lane in a gun case. So after airline travel we would have to not have our guns protected inbetween lanes or carry an extra soft case which still isn't full protection. I have seen many people have guns bumped or dropped, knocked over and they are then out of wack. You can't win a match if you can't finish it. We always protect our equipment. So we want to be able to pull it out and be ready to go. So takedown wasn't a choice for us.

YouTube Videos