Looking for 2250 King Ratcatcher manual or sight adjusting instructions?

Looking for 2250 King Ratcatcher manual or sight adjusting instructions?

November 5th, 2011, 5:54 pm #1

Hi all

I've had a pretty decent day with my King Rattie in the garden plinking away at a baked bean can from around 20 meters away (an empty one of course). A few times, the Webley Accupell .22 rounds actually went right through the can and embedded themselves in the thick chip-board I set up behind the "target". Impressive!

However I have noticed that despite it being a very calm afternoon here with no wind, the rounds were certainly grouped off to the left of centre so I'll need to adjust the sights ever so slightly for more accurate shooting.

However the only manual that I have managed to find is very brief on this subject and really doesn't tell me what I need to adjust.

The scope I have is the standard 4x magnification with comes with the King Rattie. Ideally I am hoping that someone can tell me which of the dials is for up/down and which is for left/right alignment?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards

Gavin

November 5th, 2011, 10:12 pm #2

...clockwise rotation = down (i.e., point of impact moves lower), while the turret on the side is for windage (left/right) with clockwise rotation = left (POI moves to the left).

There are exceptions, but they're rare.

Also it's usual for the directions to be marked on the dials.

Steve
Last edited by pneuguy on November 5th, 2011, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 5th, 2011, 10:15 pm #3

Hi Steve

Many thanks for your reply. I really didn't want to adjust anything until I knew for sure exactly what I was doing. I don't think it will take much to be able to nail an extra strong mint from around 15m away.

Best regards

Gavin

November 5th, 2011, 10:37 pm #4

UP with a direction arrow for elevation and L with a direction arrow for windage. This indicates the direction the shot will go, therefore if the shot is shooting right and you want the point of aim to go left you just turn the dial in the direction of the arrow. Same with the elevation, if its shooting low turning the turret with the arrow will raise the point of aim, agaist will lower it obviously.

I click will move the shot 1/4" at 100 yrds so at 25yrds you need 4 clicks for 1/4" inch shift. Its that simple!

November 5th, 2011, 10:47 pm #5

That probably means about 6-8 clicks of the side dial will be enough!

Thank you both very much. I just need a pack of extra strong mints now!!

I do not believe either of the turrets on my scope are marked which is why I was all confused although it seems pretty simple now that I'm a bit more clued in.

Best regards

Gavin

November 6th, 2011, 9:43 pm #6

The turrets have black caps over the top of them that unscrew counter clockwise..n/t