In addition to the P rod valve work

In addition to the P rod valve work

June 28th, 2012, 8:22 pm #1

I was planning on polishing the bolt, the hammer/striker, the bolt "raceway", the hammer/striker "raceway" and probably some other stuff that I cant think of now but will see when its tore down.

We do that on the 13xx/22xx/39x guns, so I thought it cant hurt, right?

Any reason _not_ to do a smooth polish on the bits mentioned?

(fwiw: this stuff I can, and the valve work, while being displaced from the test range till sunday night. Figure by then, I'll be ready to go with "better" internals )

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

June 28th, 2012, 8:55 pm #2

Instead of making changes to the INSIDE of your Marauder Pistol, try changing the OUTSIDE for some real performance improvements. For instance, just by fabricating wooden grips for my Marauder Pistol (I still have no idea what a P-rod is?) I was able to increase my shot count by 300% and shrink my group size from 1 inch at 25 yards to well under 1/4" at the same distance. In addition, my velocities have doubled. There you have it, undeniable proof that you don't need a chrony to improve your shooting.

Regards,
Michael Chavka

Success is not an entitlement.

June 28th, 2012, 9:05 pm #3

most every one shoots their Marauder Pistol as a carbine and the plastic 1399 is way too long for most and its plastic.
just a thought

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal
Last edited by threex4 on June 28th, 2012, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 28th, 2012, 9:07 pm #4

I was planning on polishing the bolt, the hammer/striker, the bolt "raceway", the hammer/striker "raceway" and probably some other stuff that I cant think of now but will see when its tore down.

(fwiw: this stuff I can, and the valve work, while being displaced from the test range till sunday night. Figure by then, I'll be ready to go with "better" internals )

June 28th, 2012, 9:26 pm #5

Instead of making changes to the INSIDE of your Marauder Pistol, try changing the OUTSIDE for some real performance improvements. For instance, just by fabricating wooden grips for my Marauder Pistol (I still have no idea what a P-rod is?) I was able to increase my shot count by 300% and shrink my group size from 1 inch at 25 yards to well under 1/4" at the same distance. In addition, my velocities have doubled. There you have it, undeniable proof that you don't need a chrony to improve your shooting.

Regards,
Michael Chavka

Success is not an entitlement.
does wonders for your accuracy.

And maybe I'm tipping my hand some (but I need to know if I shoudl start saving my pennies), but my eventual goal is to ditch the 2250 style grip frame and swap on my extra Marauder trigger pack.

Then of course it;ll need a stock (red, naturally). Just hoping my shot count that time comes up as much as yours did

2 hands on that thing? shooting it rested on your elbow? off a bag(that legal in PFT?) hehehe

Looks very sharp Michael!

June 28th, 2012, 9:27 pm #6

never thought of it til you mentioned it. Tahnx Rob, one more thing to consider

June 28th, 2012, 10:24 pm #7

if your going to mod that valve any make sure you have one just in case , heaven forbid, it gets screwed up. then your at the mercy of the postal or UPS getting another to you, if their in stock, just so you can shoot. extra parts , springs, TP valve stems, all is nice to have on hand just in case>

valve # 1700-100 $24.84 + shipping

I dont know if opening the valve port up or adding more volume space would help any, maybe some, but also more air usage per fill.

Buster
\\\ X ////

June 28th, 2012, 10:27 pm #8

never thought of it til you mentioned it. Tahnx Rob, one more thing to consider

June 28th, 2012, 10:43 pm #9

if your going to mod that valve any make sure you have one just in case , heaven forbid, it gets screwed up. then your at the mercy of the postal or UPS getting another to you, if their in stock, just so you can shoot. extra parts , springs, TP valve stems, all is nice to have on hand just in case>

valve # 1700-100 $24.84 + shipping

I dont know if opening the valve port up or adding more volume space would help any, maybe some, but also more air usage per fill.

Buster
\\\ X ////
Good advice, and I'm guessing you came to that the hard way

I was not plannig on any (intentional) changes in valve volume. Other than easing the air path, and checking everything to be OK. Although Rob may be correct, smaller may see some gains.

Improved efficiency is my goal with the valve work. Better mechanical functioning is what Im after with the other mods I described.

Who's with me in thinking a some what stiffer return spring may yeild some consistency too....

June 28th, 2012, 10:48 pm #10

Dont remember what the .101 TP  looked like, but I do remember that the factory TP is fairly hard edged at the air path.

breaking/smoothing./easing those two edges gonna make a difference? or is it plugged in so tight on both sides it wont matter