im gonna quit smoking

im gonna quit smoking

August 14th, 2012, 11:38 pm #1

i realized today that if i quit smoking it would save me enough money to buy a brand new 1377 almost every week. hurray!

August 14th, 2012, 11:49 pm #2

August 15th, 2012, 12:38 am #3

i realized today that if i quit smoking it would save me enough money to buy a brand new 1377 almost every week. hurray!
it doesnt work, been there done that.
I've been smoke free for now for 13 years now, after having smoked for almost 40+years. I've tried all different ways to quit. I always came back and lit up . the longest time before now was 6 months and my Dad almost died and had to have a 5 way bi-pass heart surgery. that night after being smoke free for the 6 months I smoked a pack just worrying about him. more years passed and several times I tried , but failed.
My only daughter was getting married and she came to me and asked me to quit for her, telling me that she didnt want to smell like cigarette smoke in her wedding dress as I walked her down the isle.
I quit the next day.
Quitting for money , at least for me, never worked. quitting for my daughter for her wedding was the best gift I could have ever giving her and I have been smoke free since then.

only you can make the decision to quit and never smoke another, but you have to have that one reason to keep you smoke free.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

August 15th, 2012, 2:53 am #4

Quit for yourself. That is the most important reason.

This is not an advertisment, just personal experience. I quit smoking tobacco over three years ago using an electronic cigarette. The third day after I started using one I never, ever picked up a cigarette again. I still use the device today, but have reduced my health risks from cigarettes immeasurably. Part of the addiction is chemical, but a large component of the addiction is physical. Just the act of hand-to-mouth and exhaling vapor did the trick for me.

I may not be saving much money, but I have given myself a few extra years tacked on to the end. Oh, yea, I quit drinking a year ago so I am now officially a total loser.
Last edited by breakfastchef on August 15th, 2012, 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 15th, 2012, 10:20 am #5

i think i was more of a loser when i was drinking heavily. im 29 and when my girlfriend and i met 6 years ago i was drinking a fifth (or more) of whiskey every night. she laid the smack down after about a year and a half and ive been steadily drinking less and less. I buy a couple 6 packs a week now and she STILL thinks i drink too much. wtf? there's no way i will quit drinking beer. I love hops, india pale ales are my fav.

anyways.. i have a bunch of nicotine gum left from when i tried to quit smoking before. i lasted almost 5 days with that. i tried the e-cigs but i got a cheap one and it burnt out in 2 days

August 15th, 2012, 11:30 am #6

One less addiction is always a good thing!

My grandfather decided to quit smoking in his 70's. He smoked cigars. He thought he could taper off by just chewing the cigars instead of lighting them up! He quit that mess pretty quickly and never smoked again. lol
Lived to be 96.

I plink, therefore I am.

August 15th, 2012, 2:37 pm #7

i think i was more of a loser when i was drinking heavily. im 29 and when my girlfriend and i met 6 years ago i was drinking a fifth (or more) of whiskey every night. she laid the smack down after about a year and a half and ive been steadily drinking less and less. I buy a couple 6 packs a week now and she STILL thinks i drink too much. wtf? there's no way i will quit drinking beer. I love hops, india pale ales are my fav.

anyways.. i have a bunch of nicotine gum left from when i tried to quit smoking before. i lasted almost 5 days with that. i tried the e-cigs but i got a cheap one and it burnt out in 2 days
Last edited by robnewyork on August 15th, 2012, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 15th, 2012, 3:27 pm #8

to a $1 a bull shoot off....

Seriously, good luck!

drink more pepsi and shoot more when you get the jones for a cig

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

August 15th, 2012, 11:07 pm #9

Keep your resolve, you will gain more than the money,your health will improve to

August 15th, 2012, 11:43 pm #10

...I chose to keep the woman I have been married to for 24 years over trading her in so I could remain a drunk. The choice was pretty easy.