I'm back... what did I miss?

I'm back... what did I miss?

November 6th, 2011, 3:59 am #1

13 doctors, 18 hours in 2 emergency rooms in two different states, untold nurses, EMTs, and interns, a high speed run to Salt Lake City from Bozeman, and a weeks worth of meds stronger than what they treat anthrax with. Lon g story short, the Mrs. was diagnosed with an infection of the inner ear that had spread to the nerves and bones around that area. No one in Bozeman, nor the state of Montana had the expertise to deal with it. The ER docs here talked to University of Utah ("the U") Medical Center and off we sped. Add a CT scan and an MRI, and watched the doc put a tube in the missus' ear to help speed the recovery. She's expected to make a full recovery, but I think Ive lost 5 years or so of airgunning.....

So I Craig had the same reaction to the M417 pump arm I did. I think its sthe molded on picatrinny rail that makes it just that much too big. Im not sure you can grind that off without affecting structural integrety.

I see Bob is getting comfortable witht he 1701

and my 760..... cut the barrel down to 15", got the trigger to be much crisper, but now the saefty doesnt work.

Glad to be home....

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

November 6th, 2011, 5:22 am #2

I think an added handle down there on the 417 might look cool and work , maybe a grenade launcher , who knows.Builders -tuners fought on here and the yellow , my 2240 blew up, bobby got some good guns for cheap, the 417 has gained popularity, my 760 shot 330 fps on friday, broke the breech block, And airgunandy is now making a gun that runs off the methane he produces after late night taco bell runs.

November 6th, 2011, 1:38 pm #3

13 doctors, 18 hours in 2 emergency rooms in two different states, untold nurses, EMTs, and interns, a high speed run to Salt Lake City from Bozeman, and a weeks worth of meds stronger than what they treat anthrax with. Lon g story short, the Mrs. was diagnosed with an infection of the inner ear that had spread to the nerves and bones around that area. No one in Bozeman, nor the state of Montana had the expertise to deal with it. The ER docs here talked to University of Utah ("the U") Medical Center and off we sped. Add a CT scan and an MRI, and watched the doc put a tube in the missus' ear to help speed the recovery. She's expected to make a full recovery, but I think Ive lost 5 years or so of airgunning.....

So I Craig had the same reaction to the M417 pump arm I did. I think its sthe molded on picatrinny rail that makes it just that much too big. Im not sure you can grind that off without affecting structural integrety.

and my 760..... cut the barrel down to 15", got the trigger to be much crisper, but now the saefty doesnt work.

Glad to be home....

Infections are nothing to mess with. Airguns take a backseat to family.

Bob in WV

Never get in a hurry, it only slows you down.

November 6th, 2011, 4:53 pm #4

Glad to be home....

I hope I get to avoid that sort of excitement.
Last edited by classicalgas on November 11th, 2011, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 6th, 2011, 7:47 pm #5

Glad to be home....

My goodness Dan, what a lame excuse to not be posting here everyday!
Seriously (very seriously) glad to hear your better half is going to be fine. Those long distance emergency trips are scary. We'll be praying for her.

I plink, therefore I am.

November 6th, 2011, 7:49 pm #6

I think an added handle down there on the 417 might look cool and work , maybe a grenade launcher , who knows.Builders -tuners fought on here and the yellow , my 2240 blew up, bobby got some good guns for cheap, the 417 has gained popularity, my 760 shot 330 fps on friday, broke the breech block, And airgunandy is now making a gun that runs off the methane he produces after late night taco bell runs.
Man, you think a dieseling springer smells bad. OOOOOOooweeeee!

I plink, therefore I am.

November 6th, 2011, 8:09 pm #7

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nt

November 6th, 2011, 9:51 pm #8

Glad to be home....

I couldn't have said it better than airgunandy.. ^^^ NT

November 7th, 2011, 7:07 am #9

Glad to be home....

nt