I just contacted Crosman about how I fwlt avout going..

I just contacted Crosman about how I fwlt avout going..

May 1st, 2011, 8:02 pm #1

to the cheap plastic frame. They wont know how we feel, if we dont tell the. Are are you satisfied about the cheanedd of it??

JMHO

Don

May 1st, 2011, 9:46 pm #2

... is the name of the game, if they can save 5, 10 or 20 cents on each gun, it's 5, 10 or 20 cents more in profits ... make it cheaper, sell it higher, make more money ... the vast majority of those guns are "disposable" and will probably end up being traded away, wrecked by neglectful use, forgotten somewhere in a drawer or closet, or scrapped for parts anyway ...

Good luck thou, we should ALL complaint but I doubt they'll go back on their intentions ...

you're scared ? go get a dog ... I'd rather die standing than live on my knees

May 1st, 2011, 10:12 pm #3

to the cheap plastic frame. They wont know how we feel, if we dont tell the. Are are you satisfied about the cheanedd of it??

JMHO

Don
with you about Crosman turning out cheaper parts but the truth is, the composite plastic side piece fits much better than the last few years production of metal side plates. There molds were getting so bad that to fix the side plates fit took an hour or more.

Carl

May 1st, 2011, 10:22 pm #4

JMHO

Don
I worked with Blue Fork design on the m16 gripframe. I was tired of having only one choice.

I am currently working on another gripframe.

Crosmods also has there own gripframe.

What we need is for someone to make a copy of the Phase I gripframe or even the new Phase II gripframe.

Guys, right now I can build a 1969 Camaro from the ground up WITHOUT using one Chevrolet Part. We will soon be able to build a complete Crosman pistol with using any Crosman parts...

These may be good or bad depending on your point of view, BUT at least we have the availability of parts.

When I joined this forum, custom and replacement parts were very limited...we have come a long way.

ernie the eyeball

May 1st, 2011, 10:41 pm #5

JMHO

Don
If you mean the small plastic side piece on the new grip frame, I think it's better than it was before (fit, finish). It's not like you actually touch or really notice it with the grips installed.

If there's something else I hadn't heard about it yet.

May 1st, 2011, 10:47 pm #6

the side plate is a much better fit in the plastic form.

For an aftermarket grip there are a few paintball grips that with little work are fine upgrades to then crosman 13xx 22xx pistols.

May 2nd, 2011, 12:05 am #7

then we might listen to all the law enforcement officers who carry a glock and love them. I am sure it is as good a plastic as can be had though, but 9mm, .40 and .45 cal frames and they hold up as good as steel. john

May 2nd, 2011, 7:06 pm #8

JMHO

Don
these forums and will see what people say .my understanding is that they did this for the use of the adjustable trigger --- it was probably easier to tweak to their liking this way plus as others have stated the it (pot)metal design was a little less than close on the tolerances with the side plate

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

May 2nd, 2011, 7:48 pm #9

JMHO

Don
(and just what is that stuff...?)

I have nothing against the intelligent use of polymers. If it helps the bottom line of my favorite manufacturer, then even better.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremecy

May 2nd, 2011, 7:55 pm #10

I worked with Blue Fork design on the m16 gripframe. I was tired of having only one choice.

I am currently working on another gripframe.

Crosmods also has there own gripframe.

What we need is for someone to make a copy of the Phase I gripframe or even the new Phase II gripframe.

Guys, right now I can build a 1969 Camaro from the ground up WITHOUT using one Chevrolet Part. We will soon be able to build a complete Crosman pistol with using any Crosman parts...

These may be good or bad depending on your point of view, BUT at least we have the availability of parts.

When I joined this forum, custom and replacement parts were very limited...we have come a long way.

ernie the eyeball
Why cant we get a grip frame direct from Crosman..... Better choices for grip/hand fit and comfort that way......

Injection molded plastic polymer... why is that so hard? (he said, knowingly... )

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremecy