I have a leak.

I have a leak.

June 16th, 2012, 3:41 am #1

I used a 15" piece of 7/8" .065 cromoly tubing to bulk my 2240. I pressurized it to test for leaks and it seems to be leaking by the new Max flow valve face. If it were the valve seat, the leak would be coming out the barrel right? The leak is coming from the body. I polished the inside of the tube with fine steel wool on a stick in a drill. Came out very shiny. I also put some oil on all the O rings. Do I need to get a larger O ring?

June 16th, 2012, 4:01 am #2

How high is up?

perhaps you could supply additional detail in your description. It would help determine the cause of the leak.

How does your tube look after the steel woolys? No scratches?

Did the 0-ring you used get cut in install?

Did you size the 0-ring , the groove and the bore according to the recommendations of the o-ring maker?

Are you guessing that things should seal?

Bottom line, you need to stop the leak RtV works wonders!

cheers

June 16th, 2012, 4:43 am #3

I used the tubing recommended by other people on this sight that had go results. I was hoping that some one else has run into the same issue and could let me know what they did.
When I finished with the steel wool the inside was so pretty and shiny. Was putting oil on the O rings a good or bad idea. May be I should have coated the inside with oiled.
Yes, I am guessing that things should seal.The Max flow face is new and came with an O ring all ready in place.
Sorry, lost me on how high is up.
Any ideas would welcome.Thank you