I am about to order a 9mm barrel from Numrich.

I am about to order a 9mm barrel from Numrich.

February 8th, 2012, 4:30 am #1

Any one have an opinion about this barrel. The add reads 357,9mm. Dose that mean either will work?

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Det ... ter=594260
Thank you

February 8th, 2012, 4:39 am #2

February 8th, 2012, 6:51 am #3

Any one have an opinion about this barrel. The add reads 357,9mm. Dose that mean either will work?

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Det ... ter=594260
Thank you

February 8th, 2012, 11:40 am #4

Just kidding

February 8th, 2012, 11:52 am #5

...stainless steel tube or brass tube. I've done THAT. Watching much MacGyver lately? Now all you need to do is use a paperclip for the front sight.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

February 8th, 2012, 12:27 pm #6

As for the paper clip remark. What do you think is holding the modified valve in place. LOL

February 8th, 2012, 1:36 pm #7

My favorite show as a kid. A year or so ago my father-in-law and I were chatting about things and how he claimed I can fix any and everything... About a month later recieved, in the mail, the box set of the series. Totally against pirated stuff, so he was kind enough to burn the box set for me! I did watch them all, in order. Four shows per disc. He calls me Mac, and I call him a pirate.

As it turned out, there were several episodes that I never even got to see as a kid - including the last episode where he and his son ride off into the sunset on motrcycles.

In all honesty, sadly, I have become somwhat a Jeopardy wiz-kid on MacGyver.

Did you know, that there was only one episode where Mac uses a gun? An AK-47 to be exact. The pilot episode was titled "Pilot". The episode became about a downed pilot he had to return to the U.S., when th eoriginal mission was to disarm missles. Later, in other episodes, when Mac's character was finally being written in as an anti-gun character, the flashbacks to the "Pilot" episode had the gun scene removed. And we were all informed of his early childhood accident with a handgun that got one of his friends killed.

Anyhow, what ever you want to know about Mac, just ask!!

Sure enough, he would have used duct tape for the barrel - if he were in to guns.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

February 8th, 2012, 1:59 pm #8

Back to what you were saying about putting a sleeve on the barrel. I can picture it in my head and have some ideas. But I would like a description from someone who has done it. Is it shrink fit?
Maybe epoxied? What is some good material to use? Do I sleeve the whole barrel then drill out the breech to match? Am I going to need to raise the breech?
Spill it. Please

February 8th, 2012, 2:22 pm #9

My favorite show as a kid. A year or so ago my father-in-law and I were chatting about things and how he claimed I can fix any and everything... About a month later recieved, in the mail, the box set of the series. Totally against pirated stuff, so he was kind enough to burn the box set for me! I did watch them all, in order. Four shows per disc. He calls me Mac, and I call him a pirate.

As it turned out, there were several episodes that I never even got to see as a kid - including the last episode where he and his son ride off into the sunset on motrcycles.

In all honesty, sadly, I have become somwhat a Jeopardy wiz-kid on MacGyver.

Did you know, that there was only one episode where Mac uses a gun? An AK-47 to be exact. The pilot episode was titled "Pilot". The episode became about a downed pilot he had to return to the U.S., when th eoriginal mission was to disarm missles. Later, in other episodes, when Mac's character was finally being written in as an anti-gun character, the flashbacks to the "Pilot" episode had the gun scene removed. And we were all informed of his early childhood accident with a handgun that got one of his friends killed.

Anyhow, what ever you want to know about Mac, just ask!!

Sure enough, he would have used duct tape for the barrel - if he were in to guns.

Too bad he couldn't fix the Stargate with just a Swiss Army knife and Duct Tape! Oops wrong show....

I plink, therefore I am.

February 8th, 2012, 2:33 pm #10

Back to what you were saying about putting a sleeve on the barrel. I can picture it in my head and have some ideas. But I would like a description from someone who has done it. Is it shrink fit?
Maybe epoxied? What is some good material to use? Do I sleeve the whole barrel then drill out the breech to match? Am I going to need to raise the breech?
Spill it. Please
Epoxy (ACRAGLAS for barrel lining), solder, or friction fit. Some gunsmiths I know use epoxy based bonding agents and swear by them. Others use the solder method. Soldering is a bit more complex to do.

With a 9mm barrel liner I used in the past, put a .070 walled steel tube over it that touched the Crosman long steel breech. The remaining breech covered section was simply the liner. Used 2 hour cure epoxy and then cleaned up all the excess with denatured alcohol on a rag. Ran a brush through the bore dipped in alcohol and followed with cleaning patches till very clean. Re-crowned the muzzle, then blued the entire thing again.