How to make a shroud?

How to make a shroud?

February 6th, 2012, 4:25 pm #1

or a LDC i guess...

i have a simple shroud with no "internals" and can see there are just a couple of brackets that hold it centered on the barrel...

what i want to know is, how do i make my own, how how do YOU make one?? ive made one before but it was rather crude; i just used a pvc pipe and drilled holes in a couple pieces of plastic to insert and hold the barrel. i never really got proper alignment and had to drill out the hole on the end real big so pellets wouldnt clip it

February 6th, 2012, 4:54 pm #2

February 6th, 2012, 4:55 pm #3

February 6th, 2012, 6:07 pm #4

or a LDC i guess...

i have a simple shroud with no "internals" and can see there are just a couple of brackets that hold it centered on the barrel...

what i want to know is, how do i make my own, how how do YOU make one?? ive made one before but it was rather crude; i just used a pvc pipe and drilled holes in a couple pieces of plastic to insert and hold the barrel. i never really got proper alignment and had to drill out the hole on the end real big so pellets wouldnt clip it
It your shroud isn't to much larger than the barrel diameter try finding orings that fit between the two. I have used oring material from a oring making kit to wrap and glue a spiral between the shroud and barrel. If you can determine the needed dimesion for your spacer this material is available through industrial supply houses, like McMaster. you can go a few thousandths over size which will snug things up.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS

February 6th, 2012, 6:46 pm #5

February 6th, 2012, 7:09 pm #6

or a LDC i guess...

http://eairgun.org.uk/Quiet%20DIY.html

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

February 6th, 2012, 7:14 pm #7

or a LDC i guess...

Chinese floor lamp. The kind you get at Walmart for $20. The pole sections are about 24" long x 1" OD and powder coated black. Cut to length. Cut some delrin rod of the appropriate OD, about 1/2 wide. Center the delrin pieces in the drill press and drill holes for the OD of the barrel. Insert at breech and muzzle end then drill and tap for grub screws. Et voila! Instant shroud. The lamp also has several pounds of lead weight on the bottom to stabilize the lamp. Melt down and pour into pellet moulds.