How do I take a 130 apart?

How do I take a 130 apart?

February 11th, 2009, 2:24 am #1

I have a early 130 that has the little cocking knob on the side. How does it come off?

Thanks,
-Mark

February 11th, 2009, 2:49 am #2

That it unscrews from the hammer.

Nick,
From ruralburbian Philomath.
anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com

February 11th, 2009, 6:07 am #3

I have a early 130 that has the little cocking knob on the side. How does it come off?

Thanks,
-Mark
to arrive into my hands soon, and was looking around for a parts diagram or disassembly instructions myself. I was going to wait to post, but since you are looking, too, I'll ask as well.

February 11th, 2009, 2:58 pm #5

oh, well, thanks much, that will help a bunch.

February 11th, 2009, 4:08 pm #6

Thanks,
-Mark
The only place I was able to find anything on the thumb cocker is in Dean Fletcher's book of 75 years of Crosman. It does have a parts diagram. The thumb piece does screw out. Be careful because it does break from use. It get slammed every time it fires. Bryan and Assoc did have some because I just bought on there, but I don't know if they have any more. The disassembly for them is very similar to the normal 130. Mine has all O-rings in it including the piston.

February 11th, 2009, 7:31 pm #7

Thanks,
-Mark
I have one that while it shoots could probably use some TLC, it's the early cocking knob variant. I could put it in the queue of subjects for my airgun blog.

Nick,

February 11th, 2009, 9:39 pm #8

to "unscrew" the cocking knob but it doesn't want to turn. I really don't want to mess it up either.

The thing is hard to get a hold of also...

-Mark

February 11th, 2009, 11:16 pm #9

Thanks,
-Mark
I was real careful when I unscrewed mine. I'd try something with padding so as not to mark it up. Its a small screw. Maybe put some Kroil on it and let it sit for a while.

February 12th, 2009, 12:20 am #10

Thanks,
-Mark
I just disassembled the whole 130, I'll put that up on the blog in the next few days (many pictures to edit, etc...) anyway, here is the knob stuff:

My Crosman 130

The cocking knob. First remove the plug at the end of the tube and the spring, so as to take any tension off of the hammer.

Brute force. Mine was already scarred up so I didn't mind putting a few more dings in it. If you want to be more gentle on yours, wrap some aluminum, copper or rubber sheet around it between the plier jaws and it. I did not grab it with tons of force, just enough to prevent slipping and get it started. Once loose I used my fingers to unscrew it the rest of the way.

Taken off.

The knob holds the hammer assembly together.

Hope that helped...

Nick,