How dificult is it to push a 9mm pellet through the barrel?

How dificult is it to push a 9mm pellet through the barrel?

March 19th, 2012, 7:11 pm #1

I know the CO2 has alot of push, but this seems pretty tight. Thanks

March 19th, 2012, 8:42 pm #2

March 19th, 2012, 10:02 pm #3

I know the CO2 has alot of push, but this seems pretty tight. Thanks
I would think that a lot would depend on what caliber the barrel is. He He!! Dave.

March 19th, 2012, 10:27 pm #4

but like Dave said...it all depends Upon the cal of the barrel

But if I were you, I wouldn't try pushing a 9mm pellet through anything other than a barrel that is made to shoot 9mm pellets.

March 20th, 2012, 2:15 am #5

I am mounting on my 2240. I have been sanding the lead in to the pint were the pellet just fits. The O ring is pretty tight. I was curious so I tried to push the pellet into the rifling and it got stuck. I know that CO2 has about 900 psi ant PCP is even more. I just have no clue how tight it should be. Should I be able to push it through with out a hammer. (Did not use a hammer!)Running into enough issues as it is. Thanks

March 20th, 2012, 9:41 pm #6

Mike, sounds like the projectile needs to be a few ten thousants smaller, or until you can push it thru with some effort but not to easy, it's one of those things that you have to use your own jugdement on. if you have access to some cerrosafe it will solve the dimenison mystory. Dave.

March 21st, 2012, 2:48 am #7

How do I size the pellets?

March 21st, 2012, 11:27 am #8

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=384/ ... TING-ALLOY

you're scared ? go get a dog ... I'd rather die standing than live on my knees

March 21st, 2012, 3:38 pm #9

How do I size the pellets?
Mike, if you can make a casting of your barrel and measure it to see what diameter your barrel is(ID) this will give you an idea how big or small the pell should be, either bore diameter or land to land. then go find a drill bit or reamer the right size(drill bits will vary by as much as three or four thousants) you can fab up a sizer for your pells. this is done in black powder cartridge shooting quite often. also the reloading companys make custom sizing dies to fit whatever reloading press you have (if you have one) or a friends. the cerrosafe is very handy to see what's up in your barrel or chamber. don't pour the barrel full, just a short spot, half inch or so, you can pour one near the breech, and one at the muzzle to check for choke. should you stick one it can be melted out without harming the heat treat of the barrel. some kind of mold release will aid in removing the casting by a lot. pam cooking spray, furniture wax, car wax on a loose patch will do the trick also. to clean the cerrosafe melt it under water in a pan that you do not use, the metal will melt before the water boils! hope some of this drivel plants a seed to help get things pointed in the right direction. Dave.

March 21st, 2012, 4:58 pm #10

This is some great information. Will sizing the slugs help with the performance?