Haven't been around for awhile cuz I had to...

Haven't been around for awhile cuz I had to...

March 23rd, 2012, 6:38 am #1

give up one of my addictions to help my brother out. His parole officer asked me to get rid of the airguns back in 2010 so I gave up on my favorite addiction to be of service. He has been out a year now and really a help as this HVC stuff has been getting to me as of late.
So, a couple months later, about a year back, I heard a noise outside and went to investigate at 1:30AM as there are often wrecks on the corner cuz people run the stop sign. A mid 20 black male approached me out of nowhere and said something. That was the last thing I remember till I woke up, face down, on the sidewalk and tried to stand. I got about halfway up and was starting back down when a strong arm of a young EMT grabbed me and helped me the three steps to the awaiting ambulance. He did a tracheotomy on me immediately and I could breath again but was out just as quick. Woke up once in the ride to the hospital, again when they cut off my shirt and once more when they sat me up so to sew up what was left of my lips. Next time I woke up I was in the ambulance again headed to the trauma ward of another hospital as the first one was not able to take care of things.
Woke up the next day with all of those hoses and IV things hanging out of me like you see in the movies living the thing I most feared, not being able to breathe. I was out of it cuz of the drugs though lucky my daughter was there holding my hand or I probly would not have fought to stay here so hard. A week in intensive care and they let me out. Other daughter flew up from Salt Lake and took care of me for a couple more weeks. Looks like I was beaten with a pipe-like object although probly weighted with the damage it did. I am much better a year later but not all. I got a new titanium plate in my shattered larynx so I could speak. Impressive job the surgeons did too as my voice still sounds like me although I lost allot of it so I am going to have to give up on the thought of being a rock star for now. Lost a tooth and my lips are always asleep now ick. Inner ear damage from the concussion so I gets dizzy if I don't keep my head in an upright position. But still I am blessed cuz I am here and still function fairly well. Had the ambulance been a couple minutes later I would not be. Have to give credit to those who choose to serve us as police, EMTs firemen, soldiers ect they do well in my book and I am because they care. . Oh, and thanks to the people who called them when I was in need who wished to remain anonymous for saving my life as well.
Well that was not all of the bad year as most of my airguns specially those with Ricks handy woodwerq on them got stolen from storage a couple months after I was assaulted. A couple of my firearms went as well although I still have some of the parts that make them function. So most of the stuff you saw me build on the forum is gone. They did not get my riffles though guess they couldn't conceal them well enough.
These and a few firearms are all gone now I figure about $3500 worth my cost.

as well as my Beeman P3 and Crosman 150 which I do not have pics of on photobucket.

Out of all of this I just thank the lord that I am still here and have time to continue to straighten myself out before him. I am also still able to werq, well kind of anyway as I werqed my way into a fairly sedate job that I can barely do at this time. Countdown to retirement underway.
I really miss all of this but really can't be a part of it for a few more years so keep things up till I can come back. ;^).

I used to have a life. But now I have the forum. I am a sick man?

Last edited by Biohazardman on June 19th, 2016, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 23rd, 2012, 7:15 am #2

i hope that person dies in a fire

March 23rd, 2012, 8:00 am #3

give up one of my addictions to help my brother out. His parole officer asked me to get rid of the airguns back in 2010 so I gave up on my favorite addiction to be of service. He has been out a year now and really a help as this HVC stuff has been getting to me as of late.
So, a couple months later, about a year back, I heard a noise outside and went to investigate at 1:30AM as there are often wrecks on the corner cuz people run the stop sign. A mid 20 black male approached me out of nowhere and said something. That was the last thing I remember till I woke up, face down, on the sidewalk and tried to stand. I got about halfway up and was starting back down when a strong arm of a young EMT grabbed me and helped me the three steps to the awaiting ambulance. He did a tracheotomy on me immediately and I could breath again but was out just as quick. Woke up once in the ride to the hospital, again when they cut off my shirt and once more when they sat me up so to sew up what was left of my lips. Next time I woke up I was in the ambulance again headed to the trauma ward of another hospital as the first one was not able to take care of things.
Woke up the next day with all of those hoses and IV things hanging out of me like you see in the movies living the thing I most feared, not being able to breathe. I was out of it cuz of the drugs though lucky my daughter was there holding my hand or I probly would not have fought to stay here so hard. A week in intensive care and they let me out. Other daughter flew up from Salt Lake and took care of me for a couple more weeks. Looks like I was beaten with a pipe-like object although probly weighted with the damage it did. I am much better a year later but not all. I got a new titanium plate in my shattered larynx so I could speak. Impressive job the surgeons did too as my voice still sounds like me although I lost allot of it so I am going to have to give up on the thought of being a rock star for now. Lost a tooth and my lips are always asleep now ick. Inner ear damage from the concussion so I gets dizzy if I don't keep my head in an upright position. But still I am blessed cuz I am here and still function fairly well. Had the ambulance been a couple minutes later I would not be. Have to give credit to those who choose to serve us as police, EMTs firemen, soldiers ect they do well in my book and I am because they care. . Oh, and thanks to the people who called them when I was in need who wished to remain anonymous for saving my life as well.
Well that was not all of the bad year as most of my airguns specially those with Ricks handy woodwerq on them got stolen from storage a couple months after I was assaulted. A couple of my firearms went as well although I still have some of the parts that make them function. So most of the stuff you saw me build on the forum is gone. They did not get my riffles though guess they couldn't conceal them well enough.

as well as my Beeman P3 and Crosman 150 which I do not have pics of on photobucket.

Out of all of this I just thank the lord that I am still here and have time to continue to straighten myself out before him. I am also still able to werq, well kind of anyway as I werqed my way into a fairly sedate job that I can barely do at this time. Countdown to retirement underway.
I really miss all of this but really can't be a part of it for a few more years so keep things up till I can come back. ;^).

im a robbery victim myself in recovery from a near death experience
not going to get into details this is you thread
any connections between the robbery and theft
i know that people in prison end up owing a lot of money and will do anything to pay that debt
just saying not insinuating.it just seems the bad luck is too close together
anyways better days!!!!!

March 23rd, 2012, 12:07 pm #4

scumbag who did that to you will get his reward.

small caliber joy

March 23rd, 2012, 12:54 pm #5

March 23rd, 2012, 2:12 pm #6

I'm sure I speak for many, we missed you. Sorry to hear this story and hope you continue to heal.
We will keep an eye out for your guns, they are distinctive and should be easy to identify if they haven't been broken down.
I firmly believe in Karma and those a**hats will get whats coming to them sooner or later.
Hang in there and please jump in and share your knowledge, or just chew the fat with us.

March 23rd, 2012, 2:37 pm #7

I am so sorry for the loss of your guns and your health. I hope you recover both in time. Perhaps someone could set up a collection and we could at least help with the guns.

March 23rd, 2012, 4:48 pm #8

Hope they found the guy and sentanced him accordingly

March 23rd, 2012, 5:00 pm #9

and keep us posted

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

March 23rd, 2012, 7:36 pm #10

Sorry to hear about that awful attack. I hope they get that guy. I'm glad you posted what pics you have. I am always surfing the web looking at airguns and I will keep my eyes open for yours. Get better!! Best regards, Craig