Hammer spring preload and Hammer stroke adjustments

Hammer spring preload and Hammer stroke adjustments

April 17th, 2012, 8:08 pm #1

April 18th, 2012, 12:13 am #2

April 18th, 2012, 12:26 am #3

shows the hammer stoke adjustments with different transfer ports, no HDD. this link
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1294258894/The+Benjamin+Marauder+Pistol+At+Various+Fills+%26amp%3B+Settings
shows adjustments with stock TP, again no HDD.
If you install the HDD and different size TP and make the adjustments, you wont know what your have gained , or lost.
with the two different test that was made, you could use that as a starting point, but its not your gun doing the shooting.
So installing the HDD, new TP and shooting all day over the chrony its your call. not knowing what you start with and end with may not mean anything , just peak proformance.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

April 18th, 2012, 12:27 am #4

then I would do the TP, spring tune it and get the power and shot count your after then install the HDD to see what happens and maybe a little more tuning. Gives you an excuse to shoot a bunch!  

April 18th, 2012, 12:39 am #5

shooting over a chrony may show what power you have but what about accuracy. power and accuracy are / should be one and the same. having the power if fine, not having the accuracy along with it, well just doesnt work. having the accuracy and not power for say hunting, doesnt work.

Buster
\\\ X ////

April 18th, 2012, 1:59 am #6

I meant to say get the "tp in and spring tune it for the power, shot count and accuracy you want". Thought I forgot something. hahahaha brainfart!

April 18th, 2012, 2:49 am #7

My first Prod , may it rest in pieces, went back to crosman because it lacked accuracy. it grouped like a shotgun with 7 different kinds of pellets.
first thing I did when I got it was to chrony it. it was shooting about 620-630 with about 2900 psi, which wasnt bad for BHP 14.3 pelets. but shooting at 3 feet into a trap is not what you buy a gun for , right. at 10 yards, benched, shotgun patterns, pellet after pellet. I went thru it, looking for something, but couldnt find anything that would make it shoot this bad.
I researched the Prod long before I bought one, figured they'd got the kinks out it. Nope !
Crosman never gave me a explaintion as to why, they just replaced it.
My replacement gun shoots , ok I guess. I found a few pellets it likes, so I shoot them , exclusively. Accuracy out to 30 yards, my s'burb range ( back yard lol) is good and its a proven shooter. its bagged a few tree rats , so I'm happy with it, for now.

Buster
\\\ X ////

April 18th, 2012, 8:23 pm #8

I will be running the chrony and shooting some groups over the next few days for a baseline.

I was going to chrony several pellets and shoot the better responding ones for groups....

And I got a mail today that AoA shiped the HDD and a few mags (for the both 'rods...)

So if yo dont hear from me for a while, come check the workshop.....

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

April 18th, 2012, 10:07 pm #9

LOL.

Buster
\\\ X ////