Grip frames, reasons.... easy, fun, sometimes awesome

Grip frames, reasons.... easy, fun, sometimes awesome

January 29th, 2012, 5:52 pm #1

First of all, official statement of howdy from the great white north. Mid-thirties mom of 6 from Alaska. It's -21 this morning and I'm working on my winter project. My tinkering background is mostly paintball. I play a the local field with my boys and I've got a bunch of parts sitting around from various markers from the last 20 years.

My mitten gun. Started with a 2240 and a budget of $50 or less. So barrel, breech, springs and rest was just parts laying around. Did all the normal valve mods, port etc. Bunny hunting goodness! Still needs a few touches. Fore grip, adj maxflow so I can run it at 1200psi, longer breech probe etc. Fun project, can shoot with mittens or gloves. Going to use a scout scope type mount eventually to make loading easy.

[/IMG]

That's a modified WGP hinge frame for an autococker. They are a cheap, 45 style grip frame. Trigger pull is around 1.5 to 2 lbs stock. With the narrow sear top, I was able to put a second notch on the hammer for a high and low power setting. Currently running 900 psi from a 45/4500.

[/IMG]

Getting a ton of shots off this tank. Unfortunately my paintball chrono doesn't read pellets.

January 29th, 2012, 6:01 pm #2

Where's the breech bolt? I can't really see it in the pictures.

January 29th, 2012, 6:04 pm #3

First of all, official statement of howdy from the great white north. Mid-thirties mom of 6 from Alaska. It's -21 this morning and I'm working on my winter project. My tinkering background is mostly paintball. I play a the local field with my boys and I've got a bunch of parts sitting around from various markers from the last 20 years.

My mitten gun. Started with a 2240 and a budget of $50 or less. So barrel, breech, springs and rest was just parts laying around. Did all the normal valve mods, port etc. Bunny hunting goodness! Still needs a few touches. Fore grip, adj maxflow so I can run it at 1200psi, longer breech probe etc. Fun project, can shoot with mittens or gloves. Going to use a scout scope type mount eventually to make loading easy.

[/IMG]

That's a modified WGP hinge frame for an autococker. They are a cheap, 45 style grip frame. Trigger pull is around 1.5 to 2 lbs stock. With the narrow sear top, I was able to put a second notch on the hammer for a high and low power setting. Currently running 900 psi from a 45/4500.

[/IMG]

Getting a ton of shots off this tank. Unfortunately my paintball chrono doesn't read pellets.
He sells most of these for paintball use and does a batch every couple months. PGPs, old Sheridans and such. But this one is his personal Benjamin hb17. Just to cool.

[/IMG]

January 29th, 2012, 6:13 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

that I customized. I've got a ninja 45/4500 tank that's regulated to 1600psi output. This tank lets me to get a bunch of consistant shots.
[/IMG]

I like that trigger frame you fitted on your gun a lot!

Dave

January 29th, 2012, 6:15 pm #5

Where's the breech bolt? I can't really see it in the pictures.
never mind! I was looking at this post on my phone and couldn't see the pics to well. Just saw it on my computer, haha....

January 29th, 2012, 6:42 pm #6

that I customized. I've got a ninja 45/4500 tank that's regulated to 1600psi output. This tank lets me to get a bunch of consistant shots.
[/IMG]

I like that trigger frame you fitted on your gun a lot!

Dave
of pellets on one tank of air! I like the cheek weld. I'm thinking of a drop kick wedge to bring the back of the tank up so I can nicely shoulder it.

January 29th, 2012, 7:05 pm #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I'm Mario from PA I'm also an Airgun Afficionado(of sorts...),lol!

Don't see very many Ladies in this forum? In fact, you're Probably the first!

Anyway, I saw your pistol with tank on grip frame,Looks Awesome! Do you own any other co2 or
Pneumatics(pumpers) besides the one in your post?

I have 2 AS2250XT's ( in .25),but htey're nothing like Daves(other than being Modded by Roy @ Mountain Air), and Three 1377's ,two of which I'm Modding myself ,1 in .25!

Still getting into the groove here,much to learn & get addicted to.

Cya 'round the forum! Good shooting, Be Safe & Have fun!

Mario

January 29th, 2012, 7:11 pm #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Form follows function.
It's refreshing to see another Alaskan here! And judging by your temp, you must be southcentral, or interior? Here in southeast it rarely gets below 0.

January 29th, 2012, 7:20 pm #9

He sells most of these for paintball use and does a batch every couple months. PGPs, old Sheridans and such. But this one is his personal Benjamin hb17. Just to cool.

[/IMG]
My oldest son is into paintball, likes the old school pumps and auto-cockers. He's shown me pictures of that guys grip frames. Too awesome. As a revolver fan I'd like to put one of those on an air pistol too. There's a whole nuther world of paintball parts and accessories that could be adapted to air guns.

Welcome to the forum.

I plink, therefore I am.

January 29th, 2012, 11:15 pm #10

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

With my chrono indoors, I need a bit more light to see smaller or darker pellets (Daisy) than the bigger shinier ones.

Be careful to use incandenscent light.