Got my nephew his first Crosman

Got my nephew his first Crosman

December 23rd, 2011, 4:58 am #1

So I got my nephews Christmas gift in the other day from Crosman a custom 2300 with a .22 10.5" barrel and went to work on it yesterday and put some parts on it that I had laying around. Bored out the valve and cut the cap threads down, tweeked the valve stem and installed a light spring, bored out the exhaust port and barrel inlet to 11/64", poly port, disco hammer spring, polished the hammer, tko trigger, polished the sear and contact points, light trigger, Cothran stainless bolt, made and installed a HDD and being my nephew is left handed I made a left handed brass safety to round things out. Gets around 25 shots (I lost track cause it was fun to shoot) and I don't know if the first number came out right but the chrony showed 650fps with a 14.3gr Crosman pointed pellet at around 65deg. It kicked pretty good for a co2 gun on the first shot then after the first shot the next was 580, 550, 525, 505, 502, 498, 498, 502, 498, 468 then I just started shooting stuff till the powerlet ran out. I'm jealous and I would just keep it but it's got his name on the side! hahaha...... I think he'll be stoked on his first Crosman!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Last edited by Yellowdman on December 23rd, 2011, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 23rd, 2011, 5:11 am #2

life fun.... If we dont pass this sport on , it will just be a 90 yr old Steve in nc doin math on here by himself which isnt what i wanna see! (-:

December 23rd, 2011, 5:18 am #3

So I got my nephews Christmas gift in the other day from Crosman a custom 2300 with a .22 10.5" barrel and went to work on it yesterday and put some parts on it that I had laying around. Bored out the valve and cut the cap threads down, tweeked the valve stem and installed a light spring, bored out the exhaust port and barrel inlet to 11/64", poly port, disco hammer spring, polished the hammer, tko trigger, polished the sear and contact points, light trigger, Cothran stainless bolt, made and installed a HDD and being my nephew is left handed I made a left handed brass safety to round things out. Gets around 25 shots (I lost track cause it was fun to shoot) and I don't know if the first number came out right but the chrony showed 650fps with a 14.3gr Crosman pointed pellet at around 65deg. It kicked pretty good for a co2 gun on the first shot then after the first shot the next was 580, 550, 525, 505, 502, 498, 498, 502, 498, 468 then I just started shooting stuff till the powerlet ran out. I'm jealous and I would just keep it but it's got his name on the side! hahaha...... I think he'll be stoked on his first Crosman!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Got my grandson a 2240 last Chrismas to have someone to shoot with, gotta keep it going. Dave.

December 23rd, 2011, 5:45 am #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
He's going to be blown away when he see's it. And knowing how it shoots,
you know he's going to love it. I did the same for my nephew a few years back,
I built him a 1377 with all the bells and whistles. It came out better than my
own 1377 at the time. His expression was priceless. Just seeing his expression
will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, that's a nice present it's self.
Merry Christmas to you and your nephew.

S.W.A.G. it!

December 25th, 2011, 5:00 pm #5

Thanks Ian! Merry Christmas to you and your family!