got a 2300S in trade....would like better trigger....

got a 2300S in trade....would like better trigger....

February 25th, 2011, 3:25 am #1

where to go and how much is it going to cost, kind of sorry Crosamn didn't include that....Ant ideas??? TIA

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com
Bestairgun.com

February 25th, 2011, 6:05 am #2

The two common complaints are trigger blade wobble and heavy pull.

There are replacement blades made by someone who posts here whom I forget as I've always wanted to do this myself, I'm just going to drill out the pivot pin hole in the blade and make a larger diameter pivot pin. The other is the Airguns of Arizona adjustable sear to change the trigger to a two stage adjustable trigger with reduced pull weight.

Last edited by bigbore on February 25th, 2011, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 25th, 2011, 10:30 am #3

where to go and how much is it going to cost, kind of sorry Crosamn didn't include that....Ant ideas??? TIA

Bestairgun.com
I am aware of several options.

1-polish interface points on existing trigger and reduced trigger spring strengh.
This works well to get a decent pull and more consistent release. It at least feels smoother.

2-don cothran sells a trigger that appears to have a bearing in the blade contact the sear to feel smoother.
I have not tried this yet.

3-several people offer wider blades to feel better on the finger.
I Have one and it is a little improvement. Doesn't fix the pull weight without polishing.

4- some of things I have read about the marauder pistol ( and new 1701p ) say it has a "new" trigger mech, but have not seen internal pictures to confirm how much different it is.

5- big Ed machining used to offer a two stage sear. The same one aoa now sells ( I think ).
I have one of these and it is a nice improvement and very adjustable. My favorite 1377 has this sear. It is a drastic change from the stock trigger.

6-Pacific pellet guns has recently started offering two stage triggers. I have two in the mail and will report on them here when I get them and get them installed.

I love the 22xx platform and have been searching for a better trigger for while. Everything so far has not been able to come close to the real match triggers I have squeezed.

Martin D. White

February 25th, 2011, 2:44 pm #4

Hello Mike,nice to see you around here. Look at the trigger option Mike offers. I have a Don Cothran roller trigger in my 2300KT and like it very much.

February 25th, 2011, 3:53 pm #5

Bestairgun.com
1) adjusted pull to minimum
2) replaced trigger spring with a lighter one

February 25th, 2011, 8:45 pm #6

Mike sells new pins also that help take up the slack (wobble) then a simple trigger shoe and some polishing makes for a nice feel too.

Air guns are great!!

February 26th, 2011, 1:27 am #7

Bestairgun.com
springs,...pretty simple first step...using very thin washers help reduce trigger side play...(best to make from thin shim stock)...I think increasing dia of pivot pins increases friction,...but that is just me..