Frame progress

Frame progress

January 5th, 2011, 12:45 am #1

Things have been a bit slow at work, so I was able to do a bit more on the project.

[/IMG]

The trigger and sear pivots are 1/8" stainless shoulder screws.

Still need to radius the edges and buff the frame.

The Frame has a trigger pull adjuster built in. It also has a small recess notched into both sides to accommodate the breech/tube/frame clamps. More pics of those when I make them.

More to come.

January 5th, 2011, 4:34 am #2

now you are making me want to get going on one of the frames I have laying around. looking real good. John

January 5th, 2011, 1:20 pm #3

Things have been a bit slow at work, so I was able to do a bit more on the project.

[/IMG]

The Frame has a trigger pull adjuster built in. It also has a small recess notched into both sides to accommodate the breech/tube/frame clamps. More pics of those when I make them.

More to come.
Looks impressive but why the whimpy trigger?

January 5th, 2011, 3:56 pm #4

I put the stock one in just for effect. Besides, the only things Crosman that are left in this build are the barrel, hammer, sear, and trigger.

It's a relativity low priority improvement as the project can move forward with the stock trigger. I still have a few major components to make and many loose ends to tidy up.

Sometimes I wonder if this project is appropriate for this forum anymore.

Unless the moderators object, I'll keep blogging it on this forum.
Last edited by BlueMeanies on January 5th, 2011, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lhd

January 5th, 2011, 5:46 pm #5

My hope is nobody objects so long as their is even only one minor Crosman part.

January 5th, 2011, 6:39 pm #6

this is the kind of innovative, fresh approach kind of project that has been somewhat lacking here of late.
Even if everything becomes a custom one off, it will still serve as inspiration for us all.

January 5th, 2011, 7:09 pm #7

[/IMG]

More to come.
Looks great indeed. Any chances of selling those??? I'll take mine in candy apple annodized green!

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

January 5th, 2011, 7:54 pm #8

[/IMG]

More to come.
It's good for inspiration how far you can take a Crosman, or see-what-my-Crosman-trigger-is-wearing-now!

January 5th, 2011, 11:46 pm #9

I put the stock one in just for effect. Besides, the only things Crosman that are left in this build are the barrel, hammer, sear, and trigger.

It's a relativity low priority improvement as the project can move forward with the stock trigger. I still have a few major components to make and many loose ends to tidy up.

Sometimes I wonder if this project is appropriate for this forum anymore.

Unless the moderators object, I'll keep blogging it on this forum.
...if uses just one Crosman part even - it belongs! That's what it's all about, right? Why keep reinventing the wheel, as many others have said and feel? Honestly, with respect, I can only endure X amount of pistols that are the SAME. The exception being who is making the parts. This you have going on is very different - outside the box while maintaining the emphasis of the forum; Crosman inspired.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

January 5th, 2011, 11:58 pm #10

It's good for inspiration how far you can take a Crosman, or see-what-my-Crosman-trigger-is-wearing-now!
if it was even inspired by a Crosman that's good enough!

the oval cut's definately add some really nice curb appeal. keep it coming!

regards,