Ferel Cat

Ferel Cat

January 26th, 2005, 11:04 pm #1

I got into my car last night as I left work and half way up the drive way a ball of claws and fur began bouncing around the car causing me to wreck. Yes...I had left my window down...but still...

I fell out of the car and crab-crawled backward to a safe distance. But the cat was bat-shit crazy and could not find the way out.

After I started my heart again I beat on the windows until he founf the open door. $300 damge to the car and three years off my life.

Question: Do you think my modded 2240 that is shooting 640 fps is gong to be powerful enought to exract my revenge in the most human way possible? How about my QB78? I see him all the time by the trash when I leave...and I have always felt that live and let live was best...but now I'm pissed.

In addition...the shot would be from about 20 yards and I need to know where to aim.

Any thoughts?

Joel
N2shooting
Last edited by N2shooting on January 26th, 2005, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 26th, 2005, 11:45 pm #2

and I found a diagram of a cat's internal organs, and it looks like the heart and lungs are just above and behind the front legs. That would seem like a good place to aim, but I AM NOT AN EXPERT- PLEASE GET OTHER ADVICE.

Good luck with the cat, that has to be annoying.

Here is the site I found:
http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ClientED/anatomy/

Matt

"You might be a redneck if you call your boss 'dude'." - Jeff Foxworthy
Last edited by sactoredneck on January 26th, 2005, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 26th, 2005, 11:45 pm #3

I got into my car last night as I left work and half way up the drive way a ball of claws and fur began bouncing around the car causing me to wreck. Yes...I had left my window down...but still...

I fell out of the car and crab-crawled backward to a safe distance. But the cat was bat-shit crazy and could not find the way out.

After I started my heart again I beat on the windows until he founf the open door. $300 damge to the car and three years off my life.

Question: Do you think my modded 2240 that is shooting 640 fps is gong to be powerful enought to exract my revenge in the most human way possible? How about my QB78? I see him all the time by the trash when I leave...and I have always felt that live and let live was best...but now I'm pissed.

In addition...the shot would be from about 20 yards and I need to know where to aim.

Any thoughts?

Joel
N2shooting
But if that cat did that to me I would certainly be temped to find out!

Dave.

January 26th, 2005, 11:52 pm #4

to be accurate...to be humane....they (feral cats) are fast, sneaky and smart....a "live-capture" trap would be a better choice...drop him off at the appropriate animal control depot and you're done with the problem. - HV

January 26th, 2005, 11:58 pm #5

I would not use but the most powerfull airgun
for animals in that size range.
I could not personally shoot any cat now, but thats just me.

Cj
Last edited by crosPointman on January 27th, 2005, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 27th, 2005, 12:00 am #6

to be accurate...to be humane....they (feral cats) are fast, sneaky and smart....a "live-capture" trap would be a better choice...drop him off at the appropriate animal control depot and you're done with the problem. - HV
Did I mention the $300 damage? Did I mention the irregular heartbeat? I need to decease this feline.

All kidding aside, I'll probably get a bead on him and chicken out.

Joel
N2shooting

January 27th, 2005, 12:03 am #7

Any thoughts?

Joel
N2shooting
NT.

January 27th, 2005, 12:29 am #8

at close range he's a gonner and you know he wont be back. JMHO

one step closer to the ultimate goal

January 27th, 2005, 12:38 am #9

Any thoughts?

Joel
N2shooting
Growing up down the street from cat collectors had a lasting impression on me. Their cats inbred so much, they had a lot of deformed offspring. Crooked tails and spines, mentally unstable, stillborns, bob tails, missing toes, mange, etc..I'm talking 50+ cats at any one time with hardly and food or vet provided. They lived outside around the junkyard the neighbors called home.

I have since developed a deep hatred towards cats. Especially ferel ones. They are overabundant and threaten local songbird and chipmunk populations. Few cats ever mind their human pets and will do nothing to protect family or property.

I have practiced most hunting disciplines on cats and can give some advice.

A pellet rifle WILL dispatch a feral cat. Not quickly though. Believe me.
A blowdart will work too, but not quickly either.
Archery methods work somewhat better. It's a silent alternative. LOL
A subsonic .22 rimfire is my favorite choice, but it isn't very quiet without help.
The faithful 22-250 with Nosler balistic tips wins the best of show, but the clean up crew may complain. Unless the crew is coyotes. Then you have more targets.

Feral cats have a moxy mojo survival instinct. They don't give up easy.

I'm not proud of my childhood but I live today to pass on my learnings.

Haywire

January 27th, 2005, 12:47 am #10

Did I mention the $300 damage? Did I mention the irregular heartbeat? I need to decease this feline.

All kidding aside, I'll probably get a bead on him and chicken out.

Joel
N2shooting
We have a family of raccoons that have been getting into the cat's food on our front porch. one night last summer I had one of the little buggers in my sights right between the eyes with my Crosman 1400 at 15 feet away! I was the only one home (That is to say my wife would never have known) perfect opertunity! Well I chickened out. The thought crossed my mind that it might not kill him cleanly and the thought of him crawling off someware and dying slowly just did not set well with me.

So I feed the cats inside now. Problem solved.

I guess I'm just a big softy.

Birds and squirrels are a different matter. Clean kills dont bother me too much.

Dave.