Ferel cat revisited

Ferel cat revisited

January 28th, 2005, 4:23 am #1

I worked until 9:30 tonight and decided to see if the cat was out by the dumpster. I got my 2240 rifle out, turned the flashlight on and stepped out side.

His eyes lit up like two bright becons. And he did not even move...perched at the rim on the dumpster and staring right at me. So I lined up the crosshairs up right between the glowing orbs....

...and shot the dumpster. Sorry guys...just could not do it. I feel like such a puss...just couldn't.

I will now hang my head in shame and quietly go into exile.

Joel
N2shooting

January 28th, 2005, 4:31 am #2

Dont be ashamed..Theres nothing to be ashamed of..I would of done it..But thats not the point everyone has their own limits..and your a human being and thats a cat..your more intelligent..It was more scared than you in that car...So maybe you did the right thing!! =)

January 28th, 2005, 5:00 am #3

I worked until 9:30 tonight and decided to see if the cat was out by the dumpster. I got my 2240 rifle out, turned the flashlight on and stepped out side.

His eyes lit up like two bright becons. And he did not even move...perched at the rim on the dumpster and staring right at me. So I lined up the crosshairs up right between the glowing orbs....

...and shot the dumpster. Sorry guys...just could not do it. I feel like such a puss...just couldn't.

Joel
N2shooting
Sometimes local animal folk will know how to deal with it. Your mind is pretty good at calculating what is ultimately important to you. Listen to it.

January 28th, 2005, 6:17 am #4

Joel
N2shooting
I don't have a problem with people hunting, but I have a hard time killing animals. I just let McDonalds and Burger King do all the killing for me.

January 28th, 2005, 8:16 am #5

Joel
N2shooting
hungry enough yet that's all. One man's pet is another man's dinner. Yum. Although I'd probly have to be pretty hungry. Wish it were not so cuz would take care of problems around here. ;^) Hope you get things worked out. Me I spend $50 a month buying repellant that works ok if I use it every couple weeks and allot of it. Else it gets nasty close to the house under the eaves. Gonna trap them and take them to the pound as I am sure that they mostly belong to people near by. Not that I haven’t though about getting the 9 mm out a couple of times. These cats are so stupid you almost can't chase them off. Pretty much have to hit them with something if you miss they just look at you like what did you throw that there for.

I used to have a life. But now I have the forum. I am a sick man?

Last edited by Biohazardman on January 29th, 2005, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 28th, 2005, 1:02 pm #6

"One man's pet is another man's dinner", i could hardly hold my water when i read that line!!

Cheers
Scott

January 28th, 2005, 2:43 pm #7

Joel
N2shooting
Thank you for not shooting the cat. Feral cats are often abandoned pets who've been subsequently mistreated. It'd be far more humane, if difficult, to befriend him and find him a new home.

My wife and I have adopted a couple of feral cats and found them to be affectionate and devoted pets once they'd had a chance to recover from their previous difficulties. No doubt this isn't true of all of them, and not everyone has the patience for the long process of reacclimating them to living with humans. Also, feral cats and small children might not mix well.

Our boy Fern carried an airgun pellet or .22 slug (I don't know which, I didn't see the xray, and the doc didn't know the difference) in his shoulder until the day he died. He was a wonderful pet, and never did a thing to deserve the punishment he took before we adopted him.

January 28th, 2005, 3:10 pm #8

Joel
N2shooting
Just like that raccoon that was eating our cat's food. Had him in my sights but decided not to shoot him.

Dave.

January 28th, 2005, 3:38 pm #9

Joel
N2shooting
one of the main questions is "Have you hunted, killed, and butchered your own game?"....You guys have demonstrated in words why that question is necessary. Killing another HUMAN through a scope, but can't kill a bothersome cat?? Not to say anything wrong, just as long as you don't try to FORCE your feelings onto others like some do.

January 28th, 2005, 3:39 pm #10

"One man's pet is another man's dinner", i could hardly hold my water when i read that line!!

Cheers
Scott
No Text

I used to have a life. But now I have the forum. I am a sick man?