Favorite Crosman 2240 breech upgrade?

Favorite Crosman 2240 breech upgrade?

May 29th, 2017, 7:33 pm #1

Hello folks,
I have a nice shooting 2240 & would like to upgrade the breech to a steel one.

I'd like the option of keeping the factory rear sight, but it's not a "must" since I will mostly be using a red dot or pistol scope.

What is your idea of the best breech upgrade for a 2240...RJ Machine, Cothran, Quackenbush, Crosman Short, Crosman Long, Stace?

May 29th, 2017, 8:05 pm #2

bnm

May 30th, 2017, 12:22 am #3

Hello folks,
I have a nice shooting 2240 & would like to upgrade the breech to a steel one.

I'd like the option of keeping the factory rear sight, but it's not a "must" since I will mostly be using a red dot or pistol scope.

What is your idea of the best breech upgrade for a 2240...RJ Machine, Cothran, Quackenbush, Crosman Short, Crosman Long, Stace?
They all werq just fine but I have to give the nod to the the DAQ units as they are the lightest, most compact and still get the job done. The RJs are so nicely machined and not overly large they are great if you can get hold of one. I don't have a Cothran breech yet something I will have to correct someday as his valves are the best. Nothing wrong with the Crosmans although a bit rough they are always available. Never handled a Stace as he would not sell me one for some reason so his did not make it into the archived breech review below. Yup agree with Joe multishot BNMs are the way to go these days if you don't mind the size and using optics.

http://www.network54.com/Realm/CFTech/BioBreach.htm

May 30th, 2017, 1:57 pm #4