disco valve stuck??

disco valve stuck??

May 3rd, 2017, 11:27 pm #1

I had my disco valve out a day or so ago and put new o-rings on it. I took it back out just now and can't unscrew it for crap. Maybe a round or so but then it stops like its stuck. Any ideas? I've already slightly scratched it so I don't want to get bad rough with it for fear of damaging it.

May 3rd, 2017, 11:47 pm #2

female threads on the rear half. If that's the case it will fight for a while. Use a couple 8-32s threaded-in for a grip on the rear half. Use a curved jaw vice-grip padded with leather (e.g. from a old belt) on the front. Hope that helps...

Also, make sure to lube the o-ring and threads for re-assembly...

Wyo

May 4th, 2017, 2:08 am #3

I had my disco valve out a day or so ago and put new o-rings on it. I took it back out just now and can't unscrew it for crap. Maybe a round or so but then it stops like its stuck. Any ideas? I've already slightly scratched it so I don't want to get bad rough with it for fear of damaging it.
If I can get it apart enough to get some lube in their would it help?
I had it apart but didn't put any silicon grease on it when I put it back together.
Guess I should have.
Thanks
Ray

May 4th, 2017, 4:35 am #4

it's usually just brute torque and a new o-ring for the fix. Perhaps some WD-40 sprayed thru the gap might help. Never tried that. You may have something else wrong, but if it unscrews a little and then gets hard to turn, sounds like the o-ring is in the threads-

Wyo

May 4th, 2017, 8:57 am #5

So the valve is out and there is no pressure in the tube right? A bit of heat can help a blow dryer or heat gun is often enough to loosen things up.

June 7th, 2017, 11:59 pm #6

put it in a vise, clamp it behind orings (remove them is safer)...and use and allen key in the exhaust port to have have more leverage to unscrew. just dont scratch where those two top orings are.