Crosman SA-6 vs. T-38

Crosman SA-6 vs. T-38

September 14th, 2006, 9:38 pm #1

Hey all, I'm on a quest to find a good co2 repeat pistol for pest control - initially thinking about the 357, but got sidetracked when the research led me to old Crosman .22 revolvers - I see one called a Target 38, and also one called a SA-6... any opinions of them from previous owners? Velocity, accuracy are the main concerns, as well as ease of maintenance.

thanks!

September 14th, 2006, 10:49 pm #2

I have the SA-6. This is not an accurate or powerful airgun. Fun to shoot but requires a fair bit of "kentucky windage". This is a plinker. Reasonably nice to look at and fun to shoot.

T-38: Don't own one, but have shot them. Better power and more accuracy. Don't forget there is also a C-38.
The "T" stands for Target. I believe this has a 6 or 8 inch barrel.
The "C" stands for Combat. I believe this has a 2 or 3 inch barrel.

There is also the 357. This came with 3, 6 & 8 inch barrels.

I don't know if any of these would be very good for pest control. Hopefully someone with more experience with the other revolvers can answer this for you.

Arnold B
Last edited by ArnoldB on September 14th, 2006, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 14th, 2006, 11:23 pm #3

Hey all, I'm on a quest to find a good co2 repeat pistol for pest control - initially thinking about the 357, but got sidetracked when the research led me to old Crosman .22 revolvers - I see one called a Target 38, and also one called a SA-6... any opinions of them from previous owners? Velocity, accuracy are the main concerns, as well as ease of maintenance.

thanks!
38's were made in both calibers and two lengths, combat 4" & target 6". the .22 will dispatch small varmints at close range. as repeaters go the crosman 600 would be better choice.

September 15th, 2006, 12:52 am #4

thanks!
the 38t didn't have very stable velocity.
Each shot drops in power, not exactly how much, but it's noticable.

I think the 38T in .22 gets around 400 fps. Probably the most potent of the repeaters.

You'll need 5 or so seconds inbetween shots to let the gun warm up.

Unless you really need a repeater, a 2240 is better suited to the job.

September 15th, 2006, 1:34 am #5

thanks!
I own both guns and quite a few other CO2 models. You can check out the "specs" for the SA-6 and 38T (and many more) here:

http://aa.uncw.edu/ward/airguns

I agree with the other responders that these guns are good for "action" shooting, but not as good for hunting.

Dick

September 15th, 2006, 1:36 am #6

thanks!
Custom 1377

Custom 2300 fron Crosman Custom Shop with added touches of my own.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
http://airgunartisans.com
Beeman tripple threat - R7, R9, R1

September 15th, 2006, 1:47 am #7

thanks!
nt