Crosman's super pumper!

Crosman's super pumper!

March 4th, 2011, 12:53 pm #1

Ok, so there is some serious love for the pumpers out there, right? I wish Crosman would incorporate a new powerful pumper to there line of airguns. I know that the Benji's are awesome and can be tuned to be very powerful. Maybe something close to the FX independence.

Single shot or few follow-ups (depending on valve and air storage.)
marauder breech
16"-18" shrouded barrel w/ OPEN SIGHTS
long pump arm
Small air chamber before the valve to allow for 2 or 3 shots.?
quiet, power, accurate, independent, perfect.

could market it as a "survival rifle" break down capability, storage in the stock for pellets, matches, and stuff.

I believe that if Crosman put a pumper into action that changed the "game" like the Disco and M-rod did, it could only mean more success.

Anyone on board here?

What's your dream creation?

March 4th, 2011, 1:05 pm #2

March 4th, 2011, 2:53 pm #3

Ok, so there is some serious love for the pumpers out there, right? I wish Crosman would incorporate a new powerful pumper to there line of airguns. I know that the Benji's are awesome and can be tuned to be very powerful. Maybe something close to the FX independence.

marauder breech
long pump arm

could market it as a "survival rifle" break down capability, storage in the stock for pellets, matches, and stuff.

I believe that if Crosman put a pumper into action that changed the "game" like the Disco and M-rod did, it could only mean more success.

Anyone on board here?

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/BenjaminACP.htm

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... acp+review
http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/t ... arrived%21

Steve

March 4th, 2011, 5:00 pm #4

marauder breech
long pump arm

Anyone on board here?

I do not understand what are they (crosman) waiting for....

It would not be expensive either for them, parts are mostly there already:

392 valve, Disco tube, 392 pump arm/rod, 2240 trigger frame, Disco or Mrod breach and barrel,
and a folding stock from any paintballer....

Better yet, make it a side pumper BULLPUP!!!

Cmon crosman just do it.

March 5th, 2011, 12:42 am #5

...that I have dreamt myself many times. I'd like for Crosman to put a little focus on such an idea. Since they haven't, and probably aren't going to, I have taken the liberty to build my own. It's in the works as we speak...

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

March 5th, 2011, 1:58 am #6

keep us posted. maybe you will inspire Crosman.

March 5th, 2011, 5:15 am #7

marauder breech
long pump arm

Anyone on board here?

This is mine based on a Crosman linkage and valve ends, proof that they could adapt existing production.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1184582772

and I've also had a super pumper .30 rifle in the works for years, with Cr766 long stroke
with very large (for a pumper) reservoir for multiple high powered shots.
The idea was also to have a PCP fill probe for more convenient filling when not in the field.
Then the Independence came out with the same sort of idea so it's not a priority to finish.
It's a rainy day gun, will be highly decorated.

March 5th, 2011, 12:51 pm #8

Nice work. Like your ideas. I thought it would be good to have a pcp fill on the air storage too. You'd have to if it went into production. I think some are a little scared of too much pumping. The design on the Philippine survival rifle is nice. Have not handled one and here they take lots of pumps to charge. still a cool idea.

Question:

The 2100; does it have a larger diameter pump tube than the 760. Longer stroke? same valve? looking for the best pumper parts so I can get in on this pumper project. finishing a hpa 2250as now. then on to a pump cannon!

March 5th, 2011, 1:10 pm #9

The 2100 has the same diameter tube, and in fact the same pump cup. It is a longer stroke. Several people have combined a 2100/2200 pump tube and other parts with a 1377 to make very potent carbine.

I think some sort of a Benjamin 392/Discovery crossbreed would be cool. Crosman has most of the parts to do it all ready. A new steel tube and a new stock would be the main new parts they need to come up with.
Perhaps a .20 caliber Sheridan version too!

I plink, therefore I am.

March 5th, 2011, 10:28 pm #10

Nice work. Like your ideas. I thought it would be good to have a pcp fill on the air storage too. You'd have to if it went into production. I think some are a little scared of too much pumping. The design on the Philippine survival rifle is nice. Have not handled one and here they take lots of pumps to charge. still a cool idea.

Question:

The 2100; does it have a larger diameter pump tube than the 760. Longer stroke? same valve? looking for the best pumper parts so I can get in on this pumper project. finishing a hpa 2250as now. then on to a pump cannon!
Same dia., longer stroke - same as the 766 if you can get one of those.

The valve difference with the 766, 2200 etc. is the short check valve end, it really
does not like being cut to a flat top.