Crosman packaging..... a cost cutting suggestion

Crosman packaging..... a cost cutting suggestion

June 9th, 2011, 9:40 pm #1

I just purchased a PC77 from Walmart (see quickie review below). I guess PC77 stands for Plastic Clamshell #77.....

Then pulled the documentation/"owners manual" out of the clamshell.

And maybe they have it automated, but it seems to me the effort it takes to multifold the paper, then seal it in a plastic envelop then roll it into a cylinder then tape it seems a bit of overkill. How much money could be saved by simply folding it enough to  fit in the voids of packaging?

Just a thought.....

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy

June 9th, 2011, 11:10 pm #2

But what would be the fun in that?
You just abolished three jobs, envelop stuffer, envelop roller and the tape installer.

I plink, therefore I am.

June 10th, 2011, 12:08 am #3

... like they used to do many many years ago, so you could actually test the gun as soon as you cut open the clamshell. Maybe 25 or so wadcutters, domes, hollow points or an assortment of whatever Crosman makes.

Shouldn't be a big deal to modify the clamshell to create one or more round or square compartments to put the pellets in. That way people could test to see what shoots best in any given gun, before you invest (usually heavily) buying a bunch of tins to test it.

Get back to the people Crosman, we're the ones who keep you in business. Today, every sale counts.

you're scared ? go get a dog ... I'd rather die standing than live on my knees

June 10th, 2011, 12:33 am #4

But what would be the fun in that?
You just abolished three jobs, envelop stuffer, envelop roller and the tape installer.

I plink, therefore I am.
But the money saved there could be spent elsewhere..... or just not spent.....

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy

June 10th, 2011, 3:05 am #5

... like they used to do many many years ago, so you could actually test the gun as soon as you cut open the clamshell. Maybe 25 or so wadcutters, domes, hollow points or an assortment of whatever Crosman makes.

Shouldn't be a big deal to modify the clamshell to create one or more round or square compartments to put the pellets in. That way people could test to see what shoots best in any given gun, before you invest (usually heavily) buying a bunch of tins to test it.

Get back to the people Crosman, we're the ones who keep you in business. Today, every sale counts.

you're scared ? go get a dog ... I'd rather die standing than live on my knees
with an assortment of pellets... When I got mine I was thinking that there was something else good packed up nicely like a maybe even a tool, only to find out that it was paper packed in plastic... I would have been happy even if they stuck a Crosman sticker in there... LOL I didn't even open mine I just took the gun and went shooting...

June 12th, 2011, 11:20 pm #6

with the key for the trigger lock, but no lock! What's up with that?

Agreed that it would be sweet to open the pack and find a tin of pellets and a cartridge!

Rich