Crosman Model 130

Crosman Model 130

April 30th, 2017, 12:53 pm #1

Hi,

I have a very nice Crosman Model 130 which is new in the box. It is the first version with Walnut stock and pumping grip.

It is making noise when pumped, and the little cocking button on the left side also does nothing, so obviously the seals need attention.

I have the seals, but I do not have the knowledge required to dissemble this particular gun and how to replace the seals. I am also worried that with a gun in this condition, without knowing exactly how to do it properly, I mat cause some damage.

I could send it away to have it professionally repaired, but I have had recent problems with damage in the mail, and I have successfully replaced many seals on different guns, just not this model. I am convinced that I can do it with proper instructions.

Can you please tell me where there may be instructions or a video on the repair of the first model 130?

Thank you and regards, gkenny.

April 30th, 2017, 1:01 pm #2

the 130. J G Airguns has many of the parts & Mac1 has seal & piston kits.
http://stevespages.com/pdf/crosman_fact ... al_all.pdf

April 30th, 2017, 2:31 pm #3

Hi,

I have a very nice Crosman Model 130 which is new in the box. It is the first version with Walnut stock and pumping grip.

It is making noise when pumped, and the little cocking button on the left side also does nothing, so obviously the seals need attention.

I have the seals, but I do not have the knowledge required to dissemble this particular gun and how to replace the seals. I am also worried that with a gun in this condition, without knowing exactly how to do it properly, I mat cause some damage.

I could send it away to have it professionally repaired, but I have had recent problems with damage in the mail, and I have successfully replaced many seals on different guns, just not this model. I am convinced that I can do it with proper instructions.

Can you please tell me where there may be instructions or a video on the repair of the first model 130?

I have resealed a few of those guns and they are pretty easy to work on. It has been a long time though and I can't remember any tricks. It may have a quad seal and they are a little tricky to get out but not that bad. You can get a schematic from the Crosman site and go at it. Just use proper fitting screwdrivers and punches and you should not mark it up.

Most of all have fun learning about that gun, good luck,
Bob in WV

April 30th, 2017, 6:34 pm #4

Hi,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC30OXC ... C6g/videos

I'm sure there are more

April 30th, 2017, 9:00 pm #5

Hi,

They seem to go in reverse, it starts with part 3 (re-assembly) and scrolls down through part 2, then part 1.

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/s ... sman%20130

April 30th, 2017, 10:19 pm #6

Hi,

Anotherairgunblog is an excellent and informative place to glean info for many airgun repairs and modifications. For the most part YouTube has allot of good info as well but you need to take care cuz a few of the people sharing ideas have no idea what they are doing and following their lead could cause damage to the gun, your body or those of bystanders especially when it comes to HPA pressured guns. Crosman has this diagram for the 130 in the support area of their site but they one from JG airguns is much nicer.

Last edited by Biohazardman on April 30th, 2017, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 1st, 2017, 1:40 am #7

Hi,

it doesn't appear to cover the 1st variation though, since Crosman wanted them converted to the self cocking valve.

May 1st, 2017, 4:12 am #8

the 130. J G Airguns has many of the parts & Mac1 has seal & piston kits.
Thank you very much for this information, BillKE4, it will help me with this project greatly.

Regards, gkenny.

May 1st, 2017, 4:16 am #9

I have resealed a few of those guns and they are pretty easy to work on. It has been a long time though and I can't remember any tricks. It may have a quad seal and they are a little tricky to get out but not that bad. You can get a schematic from the Crosman site and go at it. Just use proper fitting screwdrivers and punches and you should not mark it up.

Bob in WV
Thank you Bob, I will try it, regards, gkenny.

May 1st, 2017, 4:20 am #10

Bob in WV
Thank you Bob, I will try this today, regards, gkenny.

Sorry about my mistake mentioning the model 600.