Crosman Mark 1

Crosman Mark 1

June 11th, 2017, 3:44 am #1

Getting ready to put new seals in Mark 1. Never done this before. Any advice or guidance? What kind of lube if any do the seals get? Any special tools required? School me. Found a few you tube tutorials. I had seen some recommend a good set of instructions on disassembly by a guy named Todd Cooper but it seems website has disappeared. Any others available?
TC
Last edited by jtcrrt on June 11th, 2017, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 11th, 2017, 7:09 am #2

http://co2airguns.net/Collection/Crosma ... istols.htm

Crosman Pellgunoil is all you need for the O-rings, a dap of grease where you like
Last edited by marflow on June 11th, 2017, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 11th, 2017, 12:48 pm #3

Getting ready to put new seals in Mark 1. Never done this before. Any advice or guidance? What kind of lube if any do the seals get? Any special tools required? School me. Found a few you tube tutorials. I had seen some recommend a good set of instructions on disassembly by a guy named Todd Cooper but it seems website has disappeared. Any others available?
TC
I have resealed a few of them in years past. One thing I remember, is if the valve is stuck, put a cart in it and wrap it in a heavy towel and then charge the gun and the valve will pop right out into the towel.

HTH and good luck with your project.

Bob in WV

June 11th, 2017, 1:53 pm #4

What about reassembly? What gets lubricated and what kind of lube? Where to get the best seal kit? I don't think I understand Bobs post about loosening the valve using a cart.
TC
Last edited by jtcrrt on June 11th, 2017, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 12th, 2017, 2:02 pm #5

What I meant by my earlier post is that once you get the gun stripped and ready to take the valve out, sometimes they stick and are hard to get out. An airgun smith whose name escapes me now told me the trick of putting a cartridge in the handle and wrapping the gun in a heavy towel and then charge it. The valve will shoot out but will be in the towel. As far as lubrication a little Pellgun oil or non detergent motor oil is all you need. A drop or two on the new orings will suffice. You could use silicone grease too. You can oil the moving parts as well. I probably forgot something. You can get seal kits from Mac 1 airguns or Precision pellet. Mac 1 is in California Precision pellet is in Pa. I think.

HTH
Bob in WV

June 12th, 2017, 2:57 pm #6

Thanks so much for the response Bob. I got the idea now. This will be my first reseal of the Mark 1 and I did also find a good video on youtube. Seems pretty easy. Your info will be very helpful.
TC

June 19th, 2017, 2:57 pm #7

Could someone tell me about the seals/o-rings needed for a Crosman Mark 1 rebuild? Are they all still available? It don't look like they all come in the kits I see but maybe I'm wrong. How about the one in the piercing cap?
TC