Crosman .22cal. wad cutter pellets. ?

Crosman .22cal. wad cutter pellets. ?

March 26th, 2011, 2:07 pm #1

I running out off my Crosman Copperheads, basically a .22 cal. wad cutter pellet, I found some NOS boxes of a couple of years ago and bought all of them.
I have the Ultra dome .22 cal. pellets. But, I checked Crosman web site and they do not have any wad cutters in .22 cal anymore, I can only find them in .177 cal.
Why would they discontinue them in 22 cal. They work better in repeater clips. The ultra domes are not bad. But I,m thinking of getting a Crosman 600 and the wad cutters/super pells are what they were designed for. I can't believe there was no market for them anymore.

March 26th, 2011, 4:19 pm #2

Don

March 26th, 2011, 4:49 pm #3

Not a big fan of lead balls, With the Crosman 600 your not suppose to use them in it.

March 26th, 2011, 6:15 pm #4

I running out off my Crosman Copperheads, basically a .22 cal. wad cutter pellet, I found some NOS boxes of a couple of years ago and bought all of them.
I have the Ultra dome .22 cal. pellets. But, I checked Crosman web site and they do not have any wad cutters in .22 cal anymore, I can only find them in .177 cal.
Why would they discontinue them in 22 cal. They work better in repeater clips. The ultra domes are not bad. But I,m thinking of getting a Crosman 600 and the wad cutters/super pells are what they were designed for. I can't believe there was no market for them anymore.
I've had a Cr600 since about 1969 and have had a lot of fun with it!

They were made to shoot the old Super Pells - and the length of the pellet is important.

The feed arm provides a good gauge for the pellet length - The pellet can't be longer than the feed arm, or significantly shorter.

Do not use pointed or domed pellets as they will create a jam at the feed arm.

I have had good luck with the Daisy Precision Max wadcutters in both of my Cr600s. Occasionally I experience a misfeed, but that happened with tho old Crosman Super Pells, too.

Please keep us posted on your Cr600!

Bryan

Experience is what you get just after you needed it the most.

March 26th, 2011, 6:30 pm #5

I've got a mint example of the 600 which likes the
RWS Meisterkugeln. No misfeeds yet....

March 27th, 2011, 3:35 am #6

I've used the Gamo .22 Wads with great success at medium distances and the .22 RWS Hobbies with great success at 10 meters (too light for longer distances, the the wads drift too much especially when so light), in certain guns. Those same guns hated the daisy wads. I have some of each and can measure them is you like.