Crosman 1377 Trigger Mod?

Crosman 1377 Trigger Mod?

April 1st, 2009, 1:05 am #1

Thru various searches I've found several references to improving the trigger on a Crosman 1377 pistol: Lighter spring, super-sear, two stage mod, etc.

For the money, what's the most bang for my buck? I don't intend on formal competition with this pistol. I'd just like to improve the trigger somewhat.

April 1st, 2009, 2:04 am #2

IIRC the one I put in mine was less than $1.

Additionally you might want to experiment with reduced trigger engagement. You could superglue a piece of rather soft metal to the sear (to space the sear down from the tube) and then file it down as necessary to get a safe amount of engagement.

And of course polishing all engagement surfaces, including the hammer face.
Last edited by gmany on April 1st, 2009, 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2009, 2:24 am #3

Thru various searches I've found several references to improving the trigger on a Crosman 1377 pistol: Lighter spring, super-sear, two stage mod, etc.

For the money, what's the most bang for my buck? I don't intend on formal competition with this pistol. I'd just like to improve the trigger somewhat.
Just take a pair of pliers and compress a few of the coils and keep testing the trigger until it's where you want it.

From "pew" to "pfft"

Everyone loves a 1377.
-Jon in San Diego

April 1st, 2009, 2:38 am #4

It seems that sometimes the spring just doesn't place the sear the same each time b/c it is at the end of it's travel.

Sometimes the trigger is super light and sometimes not so much.

April 2nd, 2009, 5:03 am #5

Sounds like a new (weaker) spring & polishing might be the way to go.

April 3rd, 2009, 4:31 am #6

I ended up completely removing the trigger/grip housing. It was the only way I could get that little spring and ball bearing back in place. I'm just glad I didn't lose either one.

I polished the contact surfaces and applied a little moly grease. I ended up "smashing" the spring while testing the trigger until it felt right for me.

Put it back together and WOW it's a new pistol now. I still don't like the narrow trigger, but I'll find a fix for that later.

Thanks, again.